Smart Talk by Rehm for Women at D.C. Sulgrave Club Salutes Coley
More than 70 alumnae and friends gathered at the historic Sulgrave Club in Washington, D.C. March 25 to celebrate and honor McDaniel’s eighth president, Joan Develin Coley prior to her retirement in June. Nationally acclaimed public radio talk-show host Diane Rehm led the evening’s testimonials praising Coley’s achievements at the event sponsored by the McDaniel Women’s Leadership Network.
Meet MWLN Scholar
Kelsey Dickman of Abingdon, Md., is a freshman psychology major with a pre-law track, and a member of the women’s outdoor track and field team.
Why the interest in law?
“I enjoy a spirited argument and that seems a big part in the practice of law.”
Kelsey says the MWLN scholarship was the deciding factor in choosing McDaniel. She has joined the MWLN Advisory Council and finds that it’s “an inspiration to be in a room with such successful, powerful women.”
The Network, established in 2005, is a growing organization dedicated to engaging members in the life of the College today; linking alumnae, students, faculty, staff and friends through programs that address timely issue of personal and professional growth and providing opportunities for mentoring. Gifts of support from Network membership help to grow the endowed MWLN scholarship awarded annually to a young woman who has demonstrated leadership potential, but who might not otherwise be able to attend the College. An Advisory Council provides overall leadership and direction for the Network.
Benefits of Membership
- Helping deserving young women attend McDaniel College.
- Invitations to exclusive programs and events.
- Opportunities to connect with McDaniel community leaders.
- Networking with alumnae, friends, faculty, and students.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth and new skill development.
Become a Member
We seek to expand the Network with women who are committed to and willing to support the Network's mission including, but not limited to:
- Mentoring alumnae and/or current students.
- Serving as a resource to women in the McDaniel community.
- Assisting with the Network's programs and activities.
- Supporting the mission of the College and the Network financially.
To Learn More