Who is eligible for Financial Aid?
In order to be eligible for financial aid, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate; or have completed a high school education in a homeschool setting approved by state law
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at McDaniel College in an eligible degree program
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible nonresident
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Must be registered with the Selective Service, if you are a male between ages 18 and 25
- May not be in default on a federal student loan
- Must not owe an overpayment of a federal loan or grant
- May not be in excess of aggregate loan limits
- Must use federal student aid only for education purposes
- Must be registered at least half-time for federal loans
- Must meet the state’s requirements for state financial aid programs
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by McDaniel College.