The Center for the Study of Aging
Social Workers, Counselors and Psychologists in PA and MD can earn CEUs
Programs in Gerontology
In partnership with The Center for the Study of Aging, Graduate and Professional Studies at McDaniel offers a variety of programs, training opportunities and events relating to Gerontology and Aging Studies.
McDaniel offers credit programs at the graduate and undergraduate level.
Custom Programs and Professional Development
Professional Development programs are delivered as open enrollment throughout the school year or can be done in an onsite contract partnership with your organization. Additionally, the Center for the Study of Aging can partner with your organization to deliver custom programs in Gerontology.
Sample Presentations and Customized Training Opportunities Include:
• Communicating Effectively w/Older Adults
• Mental Health & Well-Bring in Later Life
• Enhancing Quality of Life for Home-Bound Seniors
• Promoting Cognitive Health in Later Life
• Therapeutic Communication w/Dementia Patients
Through the Center for the Study of Aging, McDaniel offers a variety of conferences, workshops and other events throughout the year dedicated to Gerontology and Aging Studies.
• French Film Amour by Michael Haneke
Thursday, September 19
Decker Auditorium, Lewis Hall of Science
• Alzheimer's Symposium
Monday, October 21
5:00 - 8:15 p.m.
Forum, Decker College Center
• Annual Walk to End Alzheimer's Disease
Saturday, October 26
9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
• 3rd Annual Caregiver's Conference Ever Changing Health Care: The Latest
Click here to view the 2013 Caregivers Confernce brochure.
Saturday, November 9
8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Westminster Senior Center
125 Stoner Avenue Westminster, MD 21157
• Senior Gerontology Specialist Workshops
February 5, 12, 19, 26 & March 5, 12, 2014
8:15 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Click here to register for this event.
For more information, contact Dr. Diane Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 410-386-4618.