McDaniel Europe in Budapest, Hungary
The Budapest campus, established in 1994 in partnership with College International and International Studies, Inc., is the branch campus of McDaniel’s home base in Westminster, Md. McDaniel Europe is fully accredited by the Commission of Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and is registered in Hungary as a foreign institution of higher education.
Students have unparalleled opportunities to study and explore the European continent, collaborate with international students and participate in guided field trips to Hungarian and European cities as a regular part of the program. All courses at the Budapest campus are taught in English.
Additional information and resources
- Fall 2013 Budapest Academic Calendar
- Spring 2014 Budapest Academic Calendar
- Fall 2013 Budapest Course Offerings
- Spring 2014 Budapest Course Offerings
- Budapest Course Descriptions
- Going to Budapest for the semester? Here's what you need to know
- A national study abroad center based at the Budapest campus, where U.S. students have unparalleled opportunities to study and explore the European continent. Study abroad students enroll in classes together with international students and participate in guided field trips to Hungarian and European cities as a regular part of the program. All courses at the Budapest campus are taught in English.
- An international four-year college that provides a full program of study for international students from over 20 countries around the world, leading to a Bachelor of Arts degree in certain disciplines.
- A global resource center for faculty sabbaticals and research projects.
The standard comprehensive fee per semester for students enrolled at McDaniel College Budapest includes: tuition, housing, guided study trips (Venice/Vienna, Prague/Vienna, or Rome and western Hungary), internet service, special health insurance coverage in Hungary, and administrative fee. This fee does NOT include a meal plan. Students from McDaniel College will be billed McDaniel semester tuition. Students may transfer all McDaniel scholarship and grant aid to the program.
For information on current fees for McDaniel and non-McDaniel students, contact the Director of International and Off-Campus Study: email@example.com. Non-McDaniel students must arrange transfer of scholarship and grant aid through their own campuses.
McDaniel College students must apply to study at the Budapest campus through the International Programs Office in Hill Hall 105. Early application is advised. Students will be approved for study abroad after they have submitted all application forms and have attended the required Pre-Departure Orientation meetings. Students from other U.S. colleges should apply to study abroad at McDaniel Europe in Budapest through McDaniel College, MD. Please contact Rose Falkner, Director of International and Off-Campus Study, at 410-871-3376 or firstname.lastname@example.org about the application process.
A passport is required for study abroad in Hungary. If you do not have a valid passport, apply for one immediately. U.S. citizens going to Hungary are NOT required to apply for an entry visa. However, students who stay longer than 90 days (as is the case with study abroad students enrolled at McDaniel Europe in Budapest) must apply for a Residence Permit within 30 days of arrival in Hungary. The Budapest campus will assist students with the easy application procedure for obtaining a Residence Permit.. For additional information about obtaining a passport, consult the following web site: http://www.travel.state.gov/.
Application Forms (for non-McDaniel College students only)