Autumn on the Hill: A preview
All the details aren’t yet complete, but here are some important dates to mark on your calendars now. Look for more after the academic year begins on August 25.
Families Weekend – a perfect time to learn about what student life is all about – kicks off on Saturday, Sept. 25. Look for a full day of activities, including tailgating on the rim of McDaniel’s famed drive-in stadium as the Green Terror takes on Dickinson College. The men’s soccer team also plans a win against Ursinus College, while the field hockey team battles Eastern Mennonite College.
Homecoming on Nov. 6 features the now famous noon parade of floats moving along Main Street before Green Terror football takes on Gettysburg College at 1 p.m. Enjoy a stroll around campus and visit the Klitzberg Pavilion in Gill Center to view this year’s Sports Hall of Fame inductees on the e-kiosk.
During the fall semester, three recent grads return to exhibit their work in Rice Gallery:
- “Playing Tiddlywinks with Man Hole Covers: Mixed Media” by Meghan Ambra '07 runs Aug. 31-Sept. 24
- “Immemorial Spaces: Paintings and Drawings” by Chloe Watson '07 on exhibit Sept. 28-Oct.22.
- Chanan Delivuk ’08 opens with “progress: A Mixed Media Installation” Nov. 16-Dec. 17.
- Click here for more information on gallery exhibits.
The Theatre Arts department presents two student productions during the fall semester:
- “A Doll’s House” by Henrik Ibsen at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 6-9
- “Wonder of the World” at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 17-20, both in WMC Alumni Hall.
- Click here for information about tickets and the productions.
A schedule of McDaniel’s Fall 2010 Concert Season, including Monday Night Music concerts, the Madrigals, Choir and much more, is available here.
Home football games are:
- Sept.11 against Moravian
- Sept. 25 against Dickinson
- Oct. 9 against Susquehanna
- Oct. 16 against Muhlenberg
- Nov. 6 against Gettysburg.
- For other fall sports’ schedules, go to McDaniel Athletics.
Other important dates:
- August 25 – move-in day for new students
- August 25-29 – orientation for new students
- Aug. 28-29 – residence halls open for returning students
- August 30 – classes begin
- Oct. 18-19 – fall break, no classes