Campus improvements with students in mind
The most recently completed project on campus is the $1-million renovation of the bathrooms on the residential floors of McDaniel Hall. The work includes new carpet for all the hallways, replacement of the flooring in the stairwells, and replacement of the roof over the west wing.
The highly anticipated 2,400-square-foot, two-story addition to the Art Studio was completed a few months ago. At a cost of about $500,000, the enlarged space provides light-drenched rooms with large windows for junior and senior Advanced Studio students.
The new Art Studio
Also during the spring, a new golf clubhouse was completed. The clubhouse’s new location is situated closer to the golf course, which features 5,324 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72. The clubhouse used to be located in Buell House, which is expected to be restored to its original 1830s condition. The house was once the residence of founding father, Fayette Buell.
The new Golf Clubhouse
Other highlights of campus improvements include:
- Fresh landscaping has been added around the Arch to spruce up the area after construction crews had to dig to install geothermal wells.
- Lighting was improved in our commuter parking lot.
- Six walk-in freezers in Englar Dining Hall were replaced.
- McDaniel Hall and Alumni Hall received fresh coats of paint on the outside.
- The exterior and the roof of 2 New Windsor Road was painted.
- At Academic Hall, the limestone is being replaced on front of building.
- Work is underway to install a campus directory at entrance to North Village.