Hill Happenings 10-15-13 to 11-5-13
Read on for a list of events on the Hill in the coming weeks.
- Art Exhibition, “Look/Out” by Naomi Falk, through Oct. 18, Rice Gallery in Peterson Hall. Gallery Hours: 410-857-2595.
- Fall Break, for undergraduate students, Oct. 14-15.
- Brendon Ayanbadejo Speaks Out, 7-8 p.m. Oct. 16, WMC Alumni Hall.
- Fall visit day, for prospective undergraduates, 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 18. Appt: 410-857-2230.
- Homecoming, Oct. 19. Information here.
- Alzheimer’s Symposium, 5:30-9 p.m. Oct. 21, Decker College Center. Register by Oct. 16: 410-857-2500.
- Art Exhibition, “Translation: New Works” by Cara Ober, Oct. 22 through Nov. 15, Rice Gallery in Peterson Hall. Opening reception, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Oct. 24. Gallery Hours: 410-857-2595.
- SmartTALK with Sharon Wensel Bowers, acclaimed science educator, 7 p.m. Oct. 22, WMC Alumni Hall.
- Phi Beta Kappa lecture with Marjorie Garber, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 24, Decker Auditorium.
- Book Talk with best-selling author Wally Lamb*, discusses most recent novel “We Are Water,” 7:30 p.m. Oct. 25, Carroll Arts Center. Tickets: 410-386-4500, ext. 3196, or https://library.carr.org/WallyLamb.
- 5th Annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s Disease, 9-11 a.m. Oct. 26, Memorial Plaza.
- Monday Night Music presents “The St. Michael’s Duo,” 7 p.m. Oct. 28, McDaniel Lounge.
- Guest artist lecture, Joyce Scott, 7 p.m. Oct. 30, McDaniel Lounge.
- Justice in Action: A View Through the Eyes of the Participants, 7-8:30 p.m., Oct. 30, Baker Memorial Chapel.
- Common Ground on the Hill, Professor Louie and the Crowmatix*, 8 p.m. Nov. 2, Carroll Arts Center. Tickets: 410-848-7272.
- Graduate School Fair, 5-7 p.m. Nov. 4, Decker Forum.
- Student Voice and Piano Recital, 7 p.m. Nov. 4, McDaniel Lounge
All events are free and open to the public unless marked by an asterisk (*).