Hill Happenings 10-9-12 to 11-9-12
Read on for a list of events on the Hill in the coming weeks.
- Holloway Lecture, Ohio State University Humanities Distinguished Professor Cindy Selfe, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 9, McDaniel Lounge.
- Concert, “More than a Salsa Concert!” by Jose Obando & the Salsa Quartet, 6:30 p.m. Oct. 11, Decker Center Forum.
- Sunday Brunch on the Hill, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Oct. 14, Englar Dining Hall. Special menu and live music. Cost is $10.
- Global Initiatives Kick-Off, “A Place in the World: Conceptions, Connections and Cultural Bozes,” Penn State professor of Communications C. Michael Elavsky, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 18, Decker Center Forum.
- SmartTALK, Cybersecurity expert Major General (ret.) David Lacquement ’77, 7 p.m. Oct. 22, Decker Center Forum.
- Sixth Biennial Faculty Art Exhibition, opening Oct. 23 through Nov. 9, Rice Gallery in Peterson Hall. Opening reception: 7-9 p.m. Oct. 23 with artists’ talk at 7:30 p.m. Gallery hours: 410-857-2595.
- Global Dinner, Taste of Latin America: El Caribe, 6 p.m. Oct. 25, Decker Center Forum. Tickets and information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chamber Music on the Hill, 3 p.m. Oct. 28, Decker Center Forum. Piano Trio with Nicholas Currie on violin, Adam Gonzalez on cello and David Kreider on piano. Tickets sold at the door.
- Monday Night Music, 7 p.m. Oct. 29, McDaniel Lounge. Original compositions from The Tim Jenkins Quintet.
- Homecoming and Kenneth Gill Stadium dedication, Nov. 2-3.
- Student Solo Recital, 7 p.m. Nov. 5, Baker Memorial Chapel.
- Global Initiatives film and discussion, “Can’t Do It in Europe,” 7 p.m. Nov. 8, Decker Auditorium, Lewis Hall of Science.
- Piscataway Nation Dancers and Drummers, 6:30 p.m. Nov. 9, Decker Center Forum.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated.