Hill Happenings 11-12-13 to 12-3-13
Read on for a list of events on the Hill in the coming weeks.
- Art Exhibition, “Translation: New Works” by Cara Ober, through Nov. 15, Rice Gallery in Peterson Hall. Gallery Hours: 410-857-2595.
- Zepp Lecture, former New York Times foreign correspondent and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Chris Hedges, 7 p.m. Nov. 12, McDaniel Lounge.
- Student Chamber Music Ensembles, flute choir, flute quartet and woodwind quintet directed by senior Music lecturer Linda Kirkpatrick, 7 p.m. Nov. 14, Baker Chapel.
-Lecture, Greg Alles, professor of Religious Studies, “The Difference Gender Makes,” 3 p.m. Nov. 15.
- Student Solo Recital, selection of vocal and instrumental soloists, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 15, McDaniel Lounge.
- On Stage, McDaniel Playback, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 15-16, WMC Alumni Hall. Box office: 410-857-2448.
- Concert,* Masterworks Chorale of Carroll County, “Music of the British Isles,” directed by Music professor Margaret Boudreaux, 3 p.m. Nov. 17, Baker Memorial Chapel.
- Admissions, Fall Visit Day for prospective undergraduates, 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 18, Decker Auditorium, Lewis Hall of Science. Appointments: 410-857-2230.
- Holloway lecture, Carolyn Dinshaw, professor of Social and Cultural Analysis, New York University, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 18, McDaniel Lounge.
- Art Exhibition, “Artifacts: Photography by Susan Ruddick Bloom,” Nov. 19 through Dec. 13, Rice Gallery in Peterson Hall. Opening Reception, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Nov. 21. Gallery Hours: 410-857-2595.
- Global Issues Colloquium, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 19, McDaniel Lounge.
- Books Sandwiched In, with Jane Sharpe, 12-1 p.m. Nov. 21, McDaniel Lounge. Information: 410-857-2281.
- Benefit Concert,* “With One Voice,” 7:30 p.m. Nov. 23, St. John Catholic Church. Tickets and information: fcsmd.org/events or 410-875-1233 ext. 0.
- Concert and Tree Lighting, “A Choral Banquet,” McDaniel College Choir, 7 p.m. Nov. 24, Baker Memorial Chapel. Information: 410-857-2599.
- Monday Night Music, “19th and 20th Century Chamber Music,” 7 p.m. Nov. 25, McDaniel Lounge.
- Thanksgiving Recess, Nov. 27 through Dec. 1
All events are free and open to the public unless marked by an asterisk *