Hill Happenings 2-25-14 to 3-18-14
Read on for a list of events on the Hill in the coming weeks.
- Art Exhibition, “Beyond Words: The Artistry of Illustrated Children’s Books,” through March 6, Rice Gallery in Peterson Hall. Gallery Hours: 410-857-2595.
- Lecture, “Shifting: The Double Lives of Black Women in America” by Kumea Shorter-Gooden, 7 p.m., Feb. 25, McDaniel Lounge.
- Global Dinner*, Taste of Asia, 6 p.m., Feb. 27, Decker Center Forum. Tickets: email@example.com.
- Foreign Film, “The Italian,” 1 and 7:30 p.m., Feb. 28, Carroll County Arts Center.
- Student-directed Play*, “Fat Pig,” 7:30 p.m., March 5-8, WMC Alumni Hall. Tickets: 410-857-2448.
- World Wise Documentary Film Series, “Stealing a Nation,” discussion follows with American U. anthropology professor David Vine, 6 p.m., March 6, Decker Auditorium.
- Artist Lecture, studio artist Mary Walker, 7 p.m., March. 6, Peterson Hall, Room 104.
- Common Ground on the Hill* presents Michael Cleveland and Flame Keeper, 8 p.m., March 8, Carroll County Arts Center.
- Sunday Brunch on the Hill*, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., March 9, Englar Dining Hall. Information: 410-857-2296.
- Chamber Music on the Hill*, “The Westminster Trio” with violinist Renate Falkner, 3 p.m., March 9, Decker Center Forum. Information: 410-857-2599.
- Monday Night Music, Original Music by Jon Seligman, 7 p.m., March 10, McDaniel Lounge.
- Trivia, “From Book to Film,” 7-8:30 p.m., March 12, Hoover Library Wahrhaftig Room.
- Art Exhibition, McDaniel College Honors Exhibition, March 13-April 4, Artists Reception 5:30-7:30 p.m. March 13, Rice Gallery in Peterson Hall. Hours: 410-857-2595.
- Spring Undergraduate Recess, March 14-March 24
- Spring Graduate Recess, March 15-March 24
- Book Talk*, Jill McCorkle on “Life After Life,” 7 p.m., March 20, Decker Auditorium.
All events are free and open to the public unless marked by an asterisk (*).