Hill Happenings 9-17-2013 to 10-8-2013
Read on for a list of events on the Hill in the coming weeks.
- Art Exhibition, “Pressure/Heat/Time” by Evan Boggess, through Sept. 20, Rice Gallery in Peterson Hall. Gallery hours: 410-857-2595.
- Constitution Day Celebration, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Sept. 17, Ensor Lounge in Decker College Center.
- Guest Artist Lecture, Maureen Drdak, “Contemporary Art and Production in the Land of the Living Gods,” 7 p.m., Sept. 17, McDaniel Lounge.
- Guest Lecture, “Justice in Action: A View Through the Eyes of Participants,” 7-8:30 p.m., Sept. 18, Decker Center Forum.
- Graduate Open House, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Sept. 19, Merritt Hall, Room 115. RSVP: http://www.mcdaniel.edu/myfuture or 410-857-2500.
- French Film Festival, “Amour” followed by panel discussion. 6 p.m., Sept. 19, Decker Auditorium in Lewis Hall of Science.
- Day to Serve, 9-11 a.m., Sept. 20. Pre-registration required: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Day for Book Lovers*, 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Sept. 23. Tickets: 410-386-4500.
- Art Exhibition, “Look/Out” by Naomi Falk, Sept. 24 through Oct. 18, Rice Gallery in Peterson Hall. Opening reception, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Sept. 26. Gallery Hours: 410-857-2595.
- French Film Festival, “Polisse,” followed by discussion. 6 p.m., Sept. 26, Decker Auditorium in Lewis Hall of Science.
- The American Conservation Film Festival’s “Best of Fest,” 7 p.m., Sept. 27, Hill Hall, Room 108.
- Chamber Music on the Hill* presents “Gerdan,” 7 p.m., Sept. 29. Information: 410-857-5299.
- McDaniel College Theatre* presents “Pygmalion,” 7:30 p.m., Oct. 3-5, WMC Alumni Hall. Box office: 410-857-2448.
- Family Weekend, Oct. 4-6. Information and registration here.
- SmartTALK with Jim Naughton, International Sports Agent, 11 a.m, Oct. 5, the Forum in Decker College Center.
- Common Ground on the Hill* presents Adrian Legg, 8 p.m., Oct. 5, Carroll Arts Center. Tickets: 410-848.7272.
- Dedicatory Piano Recital, 3 p.m., Oct. 6, Baker Memorial Chapel.
- Box Lunch Talk: The Elderdice Family of Westminster*, 12 p.m., Oct. 8, Historical Society of Carroll County. Information: 410-848-6494.
All events are free and open to the public unless marked by an asterisk (*).