- Spring Break March 13-21. Classes resume Monday, March 22.
- Carroll County: Photographs by Walter P. Calahan, through March 19, Esther Prangley Rice Gallery, Peterson Hall. For gallery hours: Call 410-857-2595 or visit www.mcdaniel.edu/5531.htm.
- “Prijedor: Lives from the Bosnian Genocide,” multimedia exhibit, March 22-April 2 in Decker College Center. An opening reception will be held at 6 p.m. March 23 in Decker College Center.
- “That’s What She Said,” Honor Students Art Exhibit, March 23 - April 2. An artists’ reception will be held 7-9 p.m. March 23 in the Rice Gallery in Peterson Hall. The show will feature work from senior art students Amanda Beck Mauck, Kimberly Clemens, Rachel Held, Tyler Mullan, Jessica Paskowski, and Amelia Reiniger. Information and gallery hours: Call 410-857-2595 or visit www.mcdaniel.edu/5531.htm.
- Annual B. Christopher Bothe Lecture features poetry reading by poet and essayist Mary Jo Salter at 7:30 p.m. March 25 in McDaniel Lounge.
- “Chopin: Drama and Delirium” with Thomas Mastroianni, piano and Vasily Popov, cello, 7:30 p.m. March 26 in McDaniel Lounge.
- Free tax assistance for low- to moderate-income taxpayers through April 3. The program, called the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA), is designed to help those who are single earning less than $35,000 and couples earning no more than $50,000. The service is available by appointment only on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., and Saturdays from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. To schedule an appointment, call 410-871-3344 or send an email to email@example.com.