- Body Language by Rowena Smith opens Oct. 20 in Esther Prangley Rice Gallery, Peterson Hall. Opening reception: 7-9 p.m. Oct. 20.
- Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs kickoff, celebration of new Latino/Latin American Studies Program, and lecture by alumnus and Harvard professor David Carrasco, begins at 6:30 p.m. with lecture at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 22 in McDaniel Lounge.
- Violence Vigil 6-9 p.m. Oct. 22 in Baker Chapel. Sponsored by Family and Children’s Services of Central Maryalnd and McDaniel College’s Social Work Honor Society.
- Homecoming is Oct. 24. The Green Terror takes on Ursinus at 1 p.m. Oct. 24 at Bair Stadium. The Sports Hall of Fame Banquet is 6 p.m. Oct. 23 in Gill Learning Center. Banquet tickets are $35 per person and reservations are required.
- English professor Leroy Panek presents the Holloway Lecture, “McDaniel and his Hellish Crew: Life before Detectives,” at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 27 in McDaniel Lounge.
- Piano Recital by the students of David Kreider at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 30 in Levine Recital Hall.
- Monday Night Music presents Music of the Belle Epoque at 7 p.m. Nov. 2 in McDaniel Lounge.
- Recital by student composers at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 7 in Levine Recital Hall.
- Chamber Music on the Hill presents winners from the Liszt-Garrison Festival and International Piano Competition at 3 p.m. Nov. 8 in Decker Center Forum. Tickets: $15 for adults, $10 for seniors and veterans, students free with I.D.