News Release: McDaniel College students at “Maryland Independent Higher Education Day” Feb. 21
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Feb. 16, 2017
Contact: Cheryl Knauer
McDANIEL COLLEGE STUDENTS PARTICIPATE IN “MARYLAND INDEPENDENT HIGHER EDUCATION DAY” ON FEBRUARY 21
WESTMINSTER, Md. – Nine students from McDaniel College have been chosen to participate in “Maryland Independent Higher Education Day” in Annapolis, Md., on Tuesday, Feb. 21.
The McDaniel students from Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Frederick, and Montgomery counties, as well as Baltimore City, will visit with their elected officials. The students include:
• Annemarie Duerr, a sophomore from Pasadena, Md.
• Cece Galovic, a freshman from Clarksburg, Md.
• Christina Gilpin, a junior from Westminster, Md.
• Colin Goodwin, a junior from Derwood, Md.
• Emily Harmon, a sophomore from Jefferson, Md.
• Kelsey Johnson, a sophomore from Catonsville, Md.
• Alexaundria Leonard, a senior from Baltimore (21239)
• Jonathan Maffucci, a graduate student from Westminster, Md.
• Elora O’Neill, a sophomore from Woodbine, Md.
“Maryland Independent Higher Education Day,” organized by the Maryland Independent College and University Association (MICUA), brings together more than 150 college students and administrators to celebrate funding of the Sellinger Program, the state grant program for eligible, nonprofit private colleges.
More information about MICUA can be found at www.micua.org. For more information about McDaniel College, visit www.mcdaniel.edu.
# # #
McDaniel College, founded in 1867 and nationally recognized as one of 40 “Colleges That Change Lives,” is a four-year, independent college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 70 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 25 highly regarded graduate programs. Its personalized, interdisciplinary, global curriculum and student-faculty collaboration develop the unique potential in every student. A diverse, student-centered community of 1,600 undergraduates and 1,400 graduate students, McDaniel offers access to the resources of Baltimore and Washington, D.C., and is the only American college with a European campus in Budapest, Hungary. www.mcdaniel.edu