Campus Resources / Support for First Year Students
The First Year Experience offers new students ongoing individual and class support throughout the entire first year at McDaniel both academically and socially.
Fall & Spring Support and Social Events Linked to First Year Students
- Workshops on time management, academic strategies, getting to know Westminster, presentations on campus offices and resources to help new students.
- Social events throughout semester designed for the first-year students
- Project teams of peer mentors to help with typical retention issues facing first-year students
- Facebook group for students continues throughout entire year
- Family Weekend (October 2013)
- First Year Student Appreciation Week
- Peer Mentor Program for support for transition needs
- First Year Council (formed in the Fall semester of current students) sponsors events in the Spring to connect students and ease transition into Sophomore year.
Important Offices & Support in the First Year:
- 2013-2014 Undergraduate Catalog
- The McDaniel Plan - your customized and personal curriculum
- FYS Faculty Advisor and/or Department Advisor
- Department Chairs/Academic Departments
- First Year Seminar (FYS) Course descriptions
- Faculty Members Teaching Courses
- FYS Peer Mentors, Honors Peer Mentors (for FY students) and Transfer Peer Mentors for new transfers
- Student Academic Support Services (SASS Office: For students with documented disabilities)
- Center for Experience and Opportunity (on-campus employment, community engagement, career development, scholarships/fellowships)
- Hoover Library
- Writing Center
- Department Tutors (e.g. math, second language, etc.)
Student Affairs/Student Life Resources
- 2013-2014 Student Handbook
- Office of Residence Life
- Residence Life FY FAQs
- Wellness Center (Student Health and Counseling Services)
- Office of Student Engagement
- Meal Plans / Dining
- Department of Campus Safety
- Student Technology FAQs
Additional Campus Resources/Information
- Important Offices and Resources
- McDaniel 1Card
- Student Health Insurance Plan & Waiver Process
- HIPAA NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
- 2013 McDaniel College Medical Health Form (required of all students).
- 2013 McDaniel College Medical Health Form (For Student Atheletes).
- Tuition Management Systems (payment plans)