McDaniel 1Card Instructions
What is the McDaniel 1Card?
The McDaniel 1Card is the official identification card of McDaniel College. Issued to all members of the College Community, it is required for identification and access to essential campus services. It also offers a convenient account - McDaniel Bucks - for making purchases on and around campus.
How to acquire your McDaniel 1Card
Online Submission (highly recommended): You may submit your photo online by going to https://apps.campus.mcdaniel.edu/photos. Log on with your McDaniel username and password and follow the step by step instructions. Please see photo ID specifications outlined below:
- The picture must be in color.
- Use plain light color background.
- No hats, sunglasses, jewelry or garments that obstruct the view of your face.
- Eye glasses should be worn if normally worn.
- Eyes should be open and looking at the camera.
- The head and neck should be centered in the frame taking up approximately one-third to one-half of the center.
- There should be a small space between your head and the top of the image.
- Head should be positioned directly facing the camera, not leaning or anything.
In Person: You may stop by the IT Help Desk (Hoover Library, first floor) and ask to have your photo taken during regular business hours (M-F, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm). The volume of Help Desk traffic will determine how quickly we will be able to produce the ID for you while you wait. Your patience and cooperation will be much appreciated.
What to do after receiving your McDaniel 1Card
- You MUST register your McDaniel 1Card to activate McDaniel Bucks. To do so, go to http://mcdaniel1card.com/main/mcdaniel-bucks. While on this site, check out how McDaniel Bucks work on campus and at off campus locations along with a list of participating vendors.
- Request 24/7 access to Charlson Computer Lab (Hoover Library, first floor): submit the last 5 numbers found beneath the magnetic strip on the back of your McDaniel 1Card (see example below) to Campus Safety at x2202 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.