McDaniel Account Activation Instructions
If you run into ANY difficulties in this process, please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at email@example.com or at 410-871-3390. Leave a message if you get the voicemail and the Help Desk will get right back to you!
1) To Activate Your McDaniel E-mail Account
- McDaniel College has a student “portal” that students can use to access information and systems you will need as a student.
- You can activate your McDaniel email account on the log in page of the portal.
- The portal can be found at: https://my.mcdaniel.edu
- At the bottom of the portal log in page click on “activate your account”
- Use the username and ID that is included in the welcome letter in the “welcome packet”.
- Having trouble logging in to your McDaniel email?
- The first time you use the “email” link on the portal page for your McDaniel login, click on Add Account. Enter your Email as firstname.lastname@example.org, where "username" is the combination of letters and numbers at the beginning of your McDaniel email address. Your password should be the same as before, it has not changed. If you still have trouble, please contact the I.T. Help Desk at 410-871-3800 or 410-871-3390.
2) The McDaniel Student Portal
- Once you have activated your McDaniel account you can log into the portal anytime with your McDaniel username and password.
- Once logged into the portal students can access the following items that you will need as a new student (list is not exhaustive):
- Student Email
- The Archway
- The Archway is where you will initially review your McDaniel Plan and register for your Fall 2014 classes. Archway is also the central student system for grades, academic history, class schedule, financial aid information and billing information.
- Blackboard is where you will take your placement exams (if you need to) before arriving to McDaniel. Following the start of classes, you’ll find information and materials about your courses in Blackboard.
- Online Catalog
- Student Services Information