The First Year Program has orientation programs for first-year students and new transfer students. The goals of the overall orientation program are as follows:
- To support new students as they begin the college and McDaniel experience.
- To promote engagement with the values of the McDaniel community.
- To provide accurate and relevant information about the McDaniel community.
- To create opportunities and offer experiences in academic and social settings in which students can begin the connection to the campus community.
- To support the connection of new students to faculty, staff, administration and other students at McDaniel with opportunities to start and build relationships.
- To create opportunities for new students to connect with campus departments, offices and programs that will support student success at McDaniel.
- To provide students with opportunities to discuss and reflect, in a supportive environment, on any fears and anxieties about starting college.
- To establish a strong network and foundation in which students can move forward to a successful semester.
Orientation — August 2017
New student move in day and Orientation will begin, for both first-year students and transfers, on Wednesday, August 23, 2017.
Specific pieces of Orientation are required for new students. We will share a detailed schedule early in the summer so you are able to plan ahead to meet those requirements.
Please watch this page for additional updates as we move into the summer!