The First Year Program has orientation programs for first-year students and new transfer students. The goals of the overall orientation program are as follows:
- To support new students as they begin the college and McDaniel experience.
- To promote engagement with the values of the McDaniel community.
- To provide accurate and relevant information about the McDaniel community.
- To create opportunities and offer experiences in academic and social settings in which students can begin the connection to the campus community.
- To support the connection of new students to faculty, staff, administration and other students at McDaniel with opportunities to start and build relationships.
- To create opportunities for new students to connect with campus departments, offices and programs that will support student success at McDaniel.
- To provide students with opportunities to discuss and reflect, in a supportive environment, on any fears and anxieties about starting college.
- To establish a strong network and foundation in which students can move forward to a successful semester.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 21: The first orientation event for transfers is at in the Forum, Saturday, January 21st - Check in and Welcome Lunch!