The First Year Program has orientation programs for first-year students and new transfer students. The goals of the overall orientation program are as follows:
- To support new students as they begin the college and McDaniel experience.
- To promote engagement with the values of the McDaniel community.
- To provide accurate and relevant information about the McDaniel community.
- To create opportunities and offer experiences in academic and social settings in which students can begin the connection to the campus community.
- To support the connection of new students to faculty, staff, administration and other students at McDaniel with opportunities to start and build relationships.
- To create opportunities for new students to connect with campus departments, offices and programs that will support student success at McDaniel.
- To provide students with opportunities to discuss and reflect, in a supportive environment, on any fears and anxieties about starting college.
- To establish a strong network and foundation in which students can move forward to a successful semester.
New Student Orientation 2016
The New Student Orientation events assist you in the transition to McDaniel, both academically and socially. There is time to get settled in your hall, get to know classmates, meet professors, and figure out where all of your classes actually take place on campus. By Monday you’ll feel like a Green Terror!
A glimpse of the 2016 Orientation Program will posted this Spring. Please contact the First Year Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
The Department of Campus Safety will do its part to ease traffic tie-ups on move-in day and we ask for your help and cooperation by following the instructions and directions here.