Common Application Update
October 21, 2013
McDaniel Admissions is very sensitive to the frustration that many students and high schools are experiencing with CA4, the latest version of The Common Application. Our campus mission statement focuses on “Students First,” and our admissions staff is devoted to “admission without anxiety.” With these two promises foremost in our minds, we offer students the following suggestions for applying to McDaniel:
- Select the application form you prefer: you may use the McDaniel Smart Decision Application or the Common Application to apply here. http://www.mcdaniel.edu/undergraduate/admissions/apply/ During this time of uncertainty, we will accept pieces of either or both forms in order to complete your application credentials.
- You may choose from five admission deadlines from November 1 through February 15th, so you have multiple options for applying to McDaniel beyond the next two weeks. Pick the one that works best for you.
- Choose your format: If you (or your counselor) have copies of any essays or letters of recommendation that you can send us as .pdf documents, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your entire name, address including city and state, and your high school name with the document. We’ll match them up for you.
- You can use any method you like to get your documents to us- email attachments, pdfs, faxes (410-857-2757), scanned documents, etc. We are incredibly flexible.
- Finally, if you are really worried about things, give us a call at 410-857-2230 or 1-800-638-5005. You have a personal admissions counselor here who can help you individually, and we will do our best to help you navigate the admissions process.
We are strong supporters of The Common Application and will continue to be so. We are confident that the application issues are being addressed as quickly as possible, and look forward to having them resolved soon. In the interim, please know that our priority is making your application process as productive as possible, so don’t hesitate to let us know how we can help you.
Vice President for Enrollment
and Dean of Admissions