Reason #10 – There’s No Place Like the Hill
It won’t take long for you to feel at home on the Hill. Whether you live in residence halls, or a campus apartment or house, you’ll be just a few steps from everything, and everyone, on a beautiful hilltop campus that 85% of students call home. The McDaniel experience is 24/7 and something fun is always happening—often after the sun sets. Your evenings will be full of choices, from karaoke nights to game room parties and snowball fights.
With 12 music ensembles, a wildly popular theatre arts department that attracts a diversity of majors, and our own art gallery, it’s usually show time. Downtown Westminster is a short walk and offers lots of good restaurant choices — from authentic Mexican at Papa Joe’s to amazing Thai to old-fashioned Irish fare at O’Lordans. There’s also great boutique shopping, a health food store and entertainment at the Carroll Arts Center.
Jaunts to nearby Baltimore hot spots like Fells Point and Federal Hill are also a great option.
Have fun after sundown
- Snowboard down the hills on campus after a big storm.
- Play dodgeball in the dark.
- Cheer at the pre-season midnight women’s basketball game.
- Burn the midnight oil at Hoover Library
- Compete in massive, marathon gaming tournaments.
- Enjoy late-night jam sessions or join in.
Munch on midnight milk-and-cookies during exam weeks