Reason #9 – Drive-in Tailgating- Unique to McDaniel
There’s no better place to be on a fall Saturday afternoon than at a home football game on the Hill. That’s why, in 2011, the Weather Channel named us #6 in its ranking of the nation’s best tailgating at colleges and universities—and that was before we constructed our brand-new $8.2 million Kenneth R. Gill Stadium to replace the old grandstands.
Drive-in tailgating is a uniquely McDaniel event and brings students, parents and alumni into the bowl-shaped arena to park their cars on the ridge directly overlooking the gridiron — grills and air horns at the ready. Even people who aren’t into sports are into tailgating, because the socializing and the setting can’t be beat.
- Arrive early since prime tailgating spots go quickly. Gates open at 11:00 a.m. (9 a.m. on Homecoming Weekend.) Parking on the field is $5 per vehicle.
- Fire up the grill but keep safety in mind, especially if children are nearby.
- Dress in green and gold. Body paint invites special attention – and photographers – to your tailgate party.
- Be enthusiastic, not obnoxious. Screaming at officials will not help the team. Original containers of alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Keep our campus beautiful. Deposit all litter in suitable receptacles. All fans are asked to leave the stadium area 45 minutes after each game.
- Check out our complete football schedule or tune in WTTR-AM 1470 for game coverage.