Dr. Peter Bradley
Associate Professor of Philosophy,
- B.A., Antioch College;
- Ph.D., Temple University.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Washington University in St Louis Philosophy-Neuroscience-Psychology Program
- Web Site
Specializes in Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy of Perception, Metaphysics. He is the administrator and primary author of the Inquiry Project, an open-source, modular, interactive web-based textbook for Critical Thinking and Basic Scientific Reasoning courses in use on at least 4 campuses nationwide.
Course to expect:
Recent special topics courses offered by Dr. Bradley include:
- Special topics in the history of philosophy: Theories of Mind before 1880 (Fall '09)
- Special topics in the history of philosophy: British Empiricism (Fall '07)
- On What Is (Spring semesters - odd years)
- Philosophy of Science (Spring semesters - odd years)
- Anarchy, Autonomy and Authority (Fall semesters - even years)
- Minds and Machines (Spring semesters - even years)
- Minds and Language (Fa '05 & '08)
- What is Art? (Fa '05, Sp '08)
In Jan Term '11, Dr. Bradley taught 'Natural Born Cyborgs' on campus .
In Jan Term '07, Dr. Bradley led a study tour to London to study Enlightenment Philosophy, Science and Literature.
In JanTerm '06, Dr. Bradley taught Robots, Cyborgs and Humans: An Introduction to the Philosophy of Technology on campus.
Dr. Bradley regularly offers Critical Thinking (annually) and Logic (annually - Fall).