Graduate & Professional Studies
- Coordinator of Kinesiology
Dale Luy has been involved with sports his entire life as a participant, spectator, parent, educator, coach, facility and event planner and manager. Participation in many sports ultimately led to competing in three NCAA DIII track and field national championships, twice achieving All-American status. Dr. Luy has coached youth sports, high school sports, masters level and collegiate teams at the junior college, and NCAA DII and DIII levels. His teams have won numerous individual and team championships, and finished several times in the top 20 nationally while at the NCAA DIII level. Some of his individual athletes earned 5 national titles, one national record, world masters title and a prestigious Rhodes Scholarship.
Dr. Luy has taught at the high school, adult and university levels, including at the undergraduate and graduate levels. His classrooms have been primarily within the United States but he did have two opportunities to teach in the Kingdom of Bahrain. His subjects have been history, social studies, economics and of course, sport management. Luy has taught introductory sport management, foundations of sport and exercise science, foundations of kinesiology, event and facility management, sport human resource management, sport marketing, sport in America, global sport, sport psychology, sociology of sport, sport communication, sport finance, sport governance, sport law and ethics.
As current Kinesiology M.S. degree Program Coordinator, Dr. Luy serves as advisor to all students in the program. So, if you have any program questions or concerns please contact him!
- DSM, United States Sports Academy
- M.Ed. Teaching and Curriculum, Pennsylvania State University - Harrisburg
- B.A. History
- Local history
- Bill Veeck
- Integration of professional sports
- History of track and field
- KIN 545 Fiscal Management for Sport Organizations
- KIN 516 Sociology of Sport and Exercise
- KIN 566 Special Topics - Human Resources for Sport Organizations
Clubs and community involvement
- Volunteer Coach - Track and field & Cross Country Fairleigh Dickinson University - Florham
- Volunteer Coach - Track and field University of Pittsburgh - Johnstown
- Private coach - track and field youth through masters level
Awards and Honors
- DSM United States Sports Academy - Coach of the Year (5X)
- NCAA Division III Track & Field All-American (2X)