Scholarships and Grants
Scholarships are a type of financial assistance that does not require repayment. They are considered gift aid and may range from a few hundred dollars to the full price of tuition.
Charlotte Newcombe Scholarship
- Scholarship is offered to deaf and/or disabled students in the Deaf Education or ASL Specialist program.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be filed
- Institutional Application must be completed before a deadline listed on the application
Maryland Legislative Scholarships
- The minimum annual award is $200.
- Financial need may be required.
- Your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be RECEIVED by the state by March 1.
- Contact your delegates in February for further instructions.
Go to mdelect.net to search for your delegate or senator.
More specific information on financial assistance available from the State of Maryland may be obtained by visiting www.mhec.state.md.us.
Like scholarships, grants are a type of financial assistance that does not require repayment. Grants may be awarded to students who meet specific eligibility requirements.