M.S. in Public Administration
The McDaniel College M.S. in Public Administration is more versatile than you think! This two year, thirty-six (36) credit program is ideal for students who are committed to public service and will propel you into the 21st century public and non-profit workplace. With classes scheduled completely online, you can enroll and learn from virtually anywhere, including the comforts of your home. Faculty will guide you through their own on-the-job knowledge and experience and will help you to understand the research and technologies found within this field.
You will explore courses in topics such as Project Management, Legal Issues in Public Administration, or Managing Human Capital Assets. Each term begins with enrollment in a preparation course leading to the culmination of the capstone experience. Every course within the capstone experience will be engaging in the field of community and public service to familiarize students with the discipline and also to help them build a capstone that will be a direct ROI to either their employer or to help build their resume.
• Learn how to manage resources in both public and non-profit organizations
• Form and articulate their personal leadership identity and values as they relate to the role of a public administrator
• Participate and contribute to the policy process through development, implementation, and evaluation of public policy and programs
• Effectively communicate and interact with a diverse and changing workforce and community
• Completed application for graduate study.
• Official transcript verifying completion of an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00.
• Three official professional or academic letters of recommendation. These requests will be emailed directly to the recommenders through your application.
• A professional resume highlighting related work experience.
• Letter of intent detailing personal and professional goals relative to the program of study.
• Successful completion of 36 credits hours outlined in the curriculum
• Minimum 3.0 G.P.A
In order to allow proper time to file an application with all official supporting documentation, we highly recommend following the filing date listed below. This will ensure that documents can be received and processed in time for the start of the semester.
Fall Semester – July 1
• Earn your graduate degree in as little as two years from anywhere in the world through the convenience of McDaniel’s online, accelerated course offerings.
• Courses are offered in eight-week segments with two courses offered per semester.
• Highly competitive tuition puts a degree within your reach.
• Gain direct ROI throughout the duration of the program.
Career Opportunities for Graduates
Because of the diverse nature of the Public Administration field, this degree will help propel you into various work forces with opportunities to hone your skills toward a path that fits your passion. Students who graduate with an M.S. in Public Administration have gone into careers in the following:
• Local, State, or Federal Government
• Human Resource Management
• Higher Education
• Public Safety
• Social Justice
1. What is the time to completion for this program?
McDaniel's M.S. in Public Administration may be completed in two years.
2. Is this program offered totally online?
Yes and McDaniel College utilizes Blackboard for all online learning. An instructional video is available for those who need a refresher.
3. What sort of jobs will I be qualified for with this degree?
Graduates of the M.S. in Public Administration will be qualified to work in public safety, local and state government, higher education, non-profit organizations, private corporations, and research roles.
4. Is this program the same as an MPA program?
This program aligns with MPA curriculum in keeping with the NASPAA (Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration) standards but is awarded as an M.S. in Public Administration.