December 05, 2017
There’s still time to make McDaniel part of your holiday celebration this year. Join the more than 520 cars-full of visitors who enjoyed the College's light show synchronized to music at the stadium — and take in a concert or two.
• As part of McDaniel College’s 150th anniversary celebration, the College hosts a drive-in light display that is synchronized to music throughout the holiday season, Thurs.–Sun., 5–9:30 p.m., through Dec. 31, at the College's Kenneth R. Gill Stadium. The inaugural Holiday Light Show is free and open to the public.
This approximately 15-minute show features nearly 5,000 red, green and multicolored lights and is choreographed to holiday music, including “Feliz Navidad” and “Let It Go” from “Frozen,” as well as the Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s “Carol of the Bells” and “Nut Rocker.” Visitors can tune into 96.5 FM on their car radios to hear the music.
• Take in a concert — Performances by gospel choir, jazz ensemble and band are all ahead.
- Jazz Ensemble performs classic big band, swing, bebop, Latin, funk, jazz-rock and classic blues on Dec. 7 at 7 p.m. in Decker Center Forum.
- College Band in concert with classical to pops on Dec. 8 at 7 p.m. in WMC Alumni Hall.
- Westminster Symphony Orchestra, featuring McDaniel and Carroll Community College students and community musicians, performs on Dec. 9 at 3 p.m. in WMC Alumni Hall.
- Gospel Choir sings “Saved, Healed, Delivered!” spirituals and traditional and contemporary gospel music on Dec. 10 at 3 p.m. in WMC Alumni Hall.