Terms and Conditions of Federal Work Study
ALL Federal Work Study Students
Any student who accepts a student employee position accepts the responsibility of maintaining professional standards and agrees to the following:
- Accept only one Federal Work Study position. (**new this year)
- Perform his/her job assignment in a serious and responsible manner
- Follow a predetermined work schedule that is acceptable to both the student and the employer. If a student wishes to effectively utilize the Federal Work Study award students should plan to work approximately 6 hours per week. The maximum number of hours per week a student can work is 20.
- Notify the appropriate supervisor as soon as possible when illness or other circumstances prevent the student from working. All student worker positions are very valuable to the efficiency and operation of McDaniel College.
- Students cannot work during class hours.
- Dress appropriately, be dependable and prompt, and conduct themselves in a businesslike manner.
- Discuss any work-related problems with the appropriate supervisor.
- Give the supervisor at least one week's notice before terminating a job assignment.
- All students must complete necessary paperwork before beginning work.
- Stop working immediately upon reaching your FWS award limit. Students are responsible for keeping track of their hours worked, unless other arrangements have been made with your supervisor.
- Students must complete new paperwork before switching departments