M.S. in Secondary Education
Certified teachers looking to expand their skill-set and earn a master’s degree can find what they’re looking for in the M.S. in Secondary Education. The 36-credit program offers the opportunity to work with the program coordinator to self-design an academic plan in Secondary Education that meets your individual professional needs. This program does not lead to initial teacher certification.
Key Features of the Secondary Ed. program include:
• Customize your academic plan.
• Take courses in assessment, curriculum, instruction, technology and research.
• Choose to take a comprehensive exam or write a thesis.
• Balances full-time faculty with adjunct instructors who draw course content from best practices in the classroom.
• Offers convenient schedules to fit your busy schedule.
• Highly competitive tuition.
• Completed application for graduate study
• Submit the non-refundable application fee
• Official transcripts verifying completion of an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75
Note: Candidates should schedule a meeting with the program coordinator upon Initial Admission to develop an individual Program of Study plan. The plan will include, but not be limited to, courses in assessment, curriculum, instruction, technology and research. The program requires a capstone experience of the candidate’s choice; either comprehensive examination or thesis.
• Successful completion of 9 graduate credits
• Minimum 3.00 G.P.A., limit one course grade of “C”
• Successful completion of a comprehensive exam or thesis
Candidates should schedule a meeting with the program coordinator upon initial admission to develop their individual program of study. The program of study will likely include but not be limited to courses in assessment, curriculum, instruction, technology, and research. The program requires a capstone experience of the candidate’s choice; either comprehensive examination or thesis.
Career Opportunities for Graduates
• The Secondary Ed. Program prepares certified teachers to more effectively manage their classroom and refines key teaching and assessments skills.
Fall Semester – August 1
Spring Semester – December 15
Summer Sessions – May 1
1. How do I apply?
Visit the How to Apply page for application procedures and forms.
2. Does this program lead to initial teaching certification?
No, those interested in initial teaching certification should see our BEST Secondary initial teaching certification program.