Enjoy Romance Novels? Have you ever thought about writing your own?
The online Romance Writing program is designed for new and experienced writers who are serious about their craft and who want to master the art of putting believable relationships on the page. The coursework focuses on exploring character in conflict to build coherent, absorbing, well-structured stories. These graduate online courses are taught by experts in the field, such as New York Times reviewed romance writer Alisa Kwitney and Dr. Pamela Regis, President, International Association for the Study of Popular Romance.
The graduate-level program has five eight-week courses which, taken consecutively, result in a detailed understanding of the romance genre and how to write it, ending with a complete and thoroughly critiqued proposal ready to be sent to editors. The courses may be taken for credit on a non-degree basis or taken as noncredit professional development.
Key Features of the Program:
- Learn from and network with experts and bestselling authors in the field.
- Participate from any place that has an internet connection: the asynchronous design means you can sign on and do coursework whenever it is most convenient for you.
- Enhance your skill set and perfect your approach to writing.
- Develop a proposal package for an original, novel-length romance.
Not interested in receiving graduate credit?
A noncredit version of the program is available for those not wishing to pursue graduate credit. The noncredit version of the program offers students the exact same program, experience and interaction as the credit version of the program. Download the noncredit registration form. Please carefully follow the instructions on the form regarding registration and payment for the noncredit option. Noncredit registration forms can be e-mailed to Ms. Emily Salyards at email@example.com or faxed to 410-857-2752 (attn: Emily Salyards).
• Your work will be reviewed and critiqued by experts in the field.
• Online courses are offered in an accelerated format. Each course runs eight weeks and two courses are offered per semester. This allows you to complete all five courses in just one year.
• The program equips new and aspiring writers with essential skills and helps to hone the skill-set of experienced writers.
• Graduate tuition is highly competitive.
• Completed application for graduate study
• Submit the non-refundable application fee
• Official transcripts verifying completion of an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university. No minimum GPA required.
Noncredit Registration Requirements
Students must download and complete the noncredit registration form. You must register for courses at least 2 weeks prior to the course start date. Courses must be taken sequentially. Be sure to include "Romance Writing CE" in the "description" portion of the online payment form. Noncredit registration forms can be e-mailed to Ms. Emily Salyards at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-857-2752 (attn: Emily Salyards).
Cost per course is $1,395 for the 2015-2016 Academic Year. If you are registering for multiple courses at once, please be sure to include your total payment amount on the online payment form. Payment is due prior to the beginning of each course. Payment questions may be directed to the Ms. Pat Tyler in the Bursar's Office at 410-857-2208 or email@example.com.
1. How do I apply?
Visit the How to Apply page for application procedures and forms.
2. Will I have contact with the instructors?
Yes, regular dialogue, review, discussion and critiques will occur throughout each course. The instructors will also be available for questions and feedback.
3. Will I be published as a result of this program?
Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee that your work will be published. What we can promise is that experts in the field including scholars and authors will review and critique your work to help you produce a highly polished and professional proposal package.