- Opening Sept. 30: Bill Schmidt: Recent Paintings and Drawings Sept. 30-Oct. 24, Rice Gallery, Peterson Hall. For gallery hours, call 410-857-2595.
- McDaniel Theatre Department presents “Troy Women” at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 1-4 in WMC Alumni Hall. Tickets are $7 for adults and $5 for seniors and students.
- Monday Night Music presents Ted Dix and Dave Duree at 8 p.m. Oct. 6 in Baker Chapel.
- Reminder: Fall Break is Oct. 13-14.
- National Psychology Synergy Conference Oct. 17-18 hosted by Psi Chi and Psi Beta, the psychology honor societies of McDaniel College and Carroll Community College includes a 7:30 p.m. Oct. 18 performance of “Hearing Voices (Speaking in Tongues)” by poet, playwright and performer Michael Mack. Registration fee. Full details.
Visit http://www.michaelmacklive.com/ for more information about Mack’s performance at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 18 in the Scott Theatre at Carroll Community College. The conference fee, which includes Mack’s performance, is $25 for students and 2008 graduates with a valid student ID and $45 for non-students. Walk-in registration is $30 for students and 2008 graduates and $50 for non-students. Tickets for the “Hearing Voices” performance alone are $20. The event will be held at Carroll Community College. A brochure and registration form is online at www.psibeta.org.