Educator’s Legacy Scholarship
Excellent teaching is McDaniel’s priority and its legacy. Our expert faculty-mentors empower students to achieve their personal best, and many of our graduates go on to become top K-12 educators. The 2015 Maryland Counselor of the Year, Principal of the Year and Superintendent of the Year are all McDaniel graduates. And three of the last five Maryland Teachers of the Year are McDaniel alumni too.
This year, we are celebrating our commitment to educators and our K-12 legacy by rewarding elementary and secondary school employees for their good work in preparing the next generation. The Educator’s Legacy Scholarship welcomes the sons and daughters of K-12 school employees to McDaniel with a $100,000 scholarship. Four years of service in any school district by a parent equals $25,000 per year for their child.
Learn how to apply for the Educator’s Legacy Scholarship below.
- Complete and file the online K-12 employment verification form at www.mcdaniel.edu/EduLegacyEligibility. Your parent’s school administrator will need to verify the employment record in writing on school letterhead.
- Submit The McDaniel Application or The Common Application for admission.
- Send a copy of your high school transcript.
- Submit a Secondary School Report form and two letters of recommendation from academic sources.
- Provide SAT or ACT scores unless you qualify for our Test Optional Plan.
- Send a $50 application fee or official fee waiver.
Pick the deadline that works best for you:
|COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION BY:||ADMISSION DECISION MAILED BY:||SCHOLARSHIP DECISION MAILED BY:|
|Early Action December 1||December 22||January 8|
|Regular Decision January 15||February 8||February 8|
|Regular Decision February 15*||March 7||March 7|
|*Online submissions are due February 15; paper submissions should be postmarked by February 17.|
This scholarship award replaces any other McDaniel College merit scholarships.