Hill Happenings 10-29-13 to 11-18-13
Read on for a list of events on the Hill in the coming weeks.
- Art Exhibition, “Translation: New Works” by Cara Ober, Oct. 22 through Nov. 15, Rice Gallery in Peterson Hall. Opening reception, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Oct. 24. Gallery Hours: 410-857-2595.
- Guest artist lecture, Joyce Scott, 7 p.m. Oct. 30, McDaniel Lounge.
- Justice in Action: A View Through the Eyes of the Participants, 7-8:30 p.m., Oct. 30, Baker Memorial Chapel.
- Common Ground on the Hill, Professor Louie and the Crowmatix*, 8 p.m. Nov. 2, Carroll Arts Center. Tickets: 410-848-7272.
- Graduate School Fair, 5-7 p.m. Nov. 4, Decker Forum.
- Student Voice and Piano Recital, 7 p.m. Nov. 4, McDaniel Lounge
- What I've Learned: A Career in Public Service with Md. gubernatorial candidate David R. Craig, 4 p.m. Nov. 5, McDaniel Lounge
- Illustrated lecture/interview, “Sacred Journeys,” Emmy Award-winning filmmaker Leo Eaton, 7 p.m. Nov. 7, Decker Auditorium, Lewis Hall of Science, co-sponsored with Carroll County Public Library.
- McDaniel String Ensemble, directed by Music lecturer Nicholas Currie, 7 p.m. Nov. 8, Baker Chapel.
- Film, “Argo,” 5 p.m. Nov. 8 Carroll Arts Center. (The film is free.) Conversation with Tony Mendez, CIA operative and Toby Mendez, sculptor,* 7:30 p.m. Nov. 8, Carroll Arts Center, to benefit Mary Lou Dewey Sculpture Park at CCPL-Westminster.
- Sunday Brunch on the Hill,* 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Nov. 10, Englar Dining Hall, community invited, campus dining hall, special menu and live music.
- Admissions, Fall Open House for prospective undergraduates, 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Nov. 10, Alumni Hall. Appointments: 410-857-2230.
- Chamber Music on the Hill,* pianist Nancy Roldán and violinist José Cueto, 3 p.m. Nov. 10, Decker Center Forum.
- Jazz Guitar Ensemble, directed by Music lecturer Tim Jenkins, 7 p.m. Nov. 11, Baker Chapel.
- Zepp Lecture, former New York Times foreign correspondent and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Chris Hedges, 7 p.m. Nov. 12, McDaniel Lounge.
- Student Chamber Music Ensembles, flute choir, flute quartet and woodwind quintet directed by senior Music lecturer Linda Kirkpatrick, 7 p.m. Nov. 14, Baker Chapel.
- Student Solo Recital, selection of vocal and instrumental soloists, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 15, McDaniel Lounge.
- On Stage, McDaniel Playback, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 15-16, WMC Alumni Hall. Box office: 410-857-2448.
- Concert,* Masterworks Chorale of Carroll County, “Music of the British Isles,” directed by Music professor Margaret Boudreaux, 3 p.m. Nov. 17, Baker Memorial Chapel.
- Admissions, Fall Visit Day for prospective undergraduates, 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 18, Decker Auditorium, Lewis Hall of Science. Appointments: 410-857-2230.
- Holloway lecture, Carolyn Dinshaw, professor of Social and Cultural Analysis, New York University, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 18, McDaniel Lounge.
All events are free and open to the public unless marked by an asterisk (*).