Hill Happenings 4-22-14 to 5-13-14
Read on for a list of events on the Hill in the coming weeks.
- Art Exhibition, Senior Capstones: “When Things Become Thoughts,” April 22-May 2, Rice Gallery in Peterson Hall. Hours: 410-857-2595.
- Ridington Lecture, “Lakota Sioux Winter Counts: Visual Art, Performance, and History” with Dr. Harvey Markowitz. 7:30 p.m. April 22, McDaniel Lounge.
- Guest Lecture, gubernatorial candidate Larry Hogan, 4:30-5:30 p.m. April 23, McDaniel Lounge.
- Graduate Open House, 5:30 p.m. April 24, Wahrhaftig Conference Room in Hoover Library. RSVP: www.mcdaniel.edu/myfuture
- Concert, Student Chamber Music Ensembles, 7 p.m. April 24, Baker Chapel.
- Artists’ Reception, Senior Capstones: “Where Things Become Thoughts,” 5:30-7:30 p.m. April 24, Rice Gallery in Peterson Hall.
- Dance Company Recital*, 7-8:30 p.m. April 25, WMC Alumni Hall.
- Spring Undergraduate Awards Ceremony, April 27.
- Junior Open House, for prospective undergraduates. 1-4 p.m. April 27, WMC Alumni Hall. Appts: 410-857-2230.
- Concert, Children’s Chorus of Carroll County, 2 p.m. April 27, St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Eldersburg, Md.
- College Choir Concert, “Make Them Hear You,” 7 p.m. April 27, Baker Memorial Chapel.
- Children’s Show, “Spooky House,” 6:30 p.m. May 1-3, WMC Alumni Hall.
- McDaniel’s Got Talent*, 5-8 p.m. May 3, Baker Memorial Chapel.
- Concert, Musical Theatre/Opera Workshop, 7 p.m. May 4, WMC Alumni Hall.
- Concert, “An Evening of Madrigals,” 7:30 p.m. May 5, Baker Chapel.
- On Stage, McDaniel Playback Theatre, 7 p.m. May 5, WMC Alumni Hall.
- Art Exhibition, Senior Capstones: “Done,” May 6-16, Rice Gallery in Peterson Hall. Hours: 410-857-2595.
- Artists Reception, Senior Capstones: “Done,” 5:30-7:30 p.m. May 8, Rice Gallery in Peterson Hall.
- Battle of the Speeches, 6-7 p.m. May 8, Decker Auditorium in Lewis Hall of Science.
- Videopalooza, 7 p.m. May 8, Decker Auditorium in Lewis Hall of Science.
- Concert, “Jazz Night,” 8 p.m. May 8, Decker Center Forum.
- Undergraduate classes end, May 9.
- College Band Concert, 7 p.m. May 9, WMC Alumni Hall.
- Concert*, The Westminster Symphony Orchestra, 3 p.m. May 10, Scott Center at Carroll Community College. Info: 410-386-8000.
- Gospel Choir Concert, 7 p.m. May 10, WMC Alumni Hall.
- Sunday Brunch on the Hill*, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. April 13, Englar Dining Hall.
- Box Lunch Talk*, “How Much Do You Know About McDaniel College?” by Dr. James Lightner, 12-1 p.m. May 13, Grace Hall at Grace Lutheran Church, Westminster, Md.
All events are free and open to the public unless noted by an asterisk (*).