Most classes will expect you to use Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook). For this reason, all McDaniel students can download and use Microsoft 365 on their personal computer for FREE. Simply follow the instructions below.
- Login to the portal.
- Log into the Microsoft 365 home page.
- You should now see the Microsoft 365 home page. Here you can see all the different apps you can use directly through your browser.
- Next you should search for the “Install apps” button. It will likely appear near the top right of the window.
- You can then install these apps directly onto your computer. This will allow you to easily access them even without an Internet connection. Plus, they will have all the useful features that you can use inside and outside of class.
- After selecting “Install apps”, you will see a .exe file download onto your computer. Click to install that .exe and follow through the rest of the installation process.
- After you have installed the apps, open them up and start using them. You should consider logging in on the apps so that files can be saved directly to your OneDrive accounts in the cloud.