McDaniel College announces plans for 2021 January Term and Spring Semester
McDaniel College has released its 2021 January Term and Spring semester plans for undergraduate students. Decisions have been developed by McDaniel’s Return to the Hill Taskforce and will continue to be updated, as needed.
McDaniel College has released its 2021 January Term and Spring semester plans for undergraduate students.
Developed by McDaniel’s Return to the Hill Taskforce, which has continued to meet during the fall semester, these decisions include:
2021 January Term:
- January Term will continue to be offered in 2021 but in an online only format and students will not have the option to reside on campus over Jan Term. All first-year students will still be required to complete the “My Design” course online.
- All January Term domestic and international study abroad trips have been canceled.
- Students can participate in internships and independent study opportunities over January Term as long as the health and safety protocols of the external site have been approved by the college in advance.
2021 Spring Semester:
- McDaniel has made changes to the undergraduate academic calendar dates for the spring semester with classes now beginning Feb. 1. There will be no spring break. The full undergraduate academic calendar is available here.
[Note: the 2020-2021 graduate academic calendar continues to remain unchanged.]
- McDaniel will offer three types of classes: traditional in-person classes, hybrid classes, and online classes. The majority of courses will be available as hybrid classes and just like during the fall semester, students who choose to complete all of their courses without coming to campus can continue their instruction through hybrid or online courses.
- Unlike in the fall, each four-credit course will last the entire length of the semester. The semester will not be divided into a Session A/Session B format.
- Students will not have the option to study abroad at McDaniel’s European campus in Budapest, Hungary, during the spring semester.
In addition, McDaniel will require that all residential students provide documentation of having received a flu shot and residential students will also need to provide documentation of a negative COVID-19 test taken before returning to campus for the spring semester.
For the latest campus information, continue to visit the Return to the Hill (RTTH) webpage at www.mcdaniel.edu/RTTH.