McDaniel College welcomes the Class of 2027
McDaniel College welcomes the newest class of Green Terrors to the Hill. New student orientation for the Class of 2027 kicks off at move-in on Thursday, Aug. 24.
McDaniel College welcomes the newest class of Green Terrors to the Hill.
New student orientation for the Class of 2027 kicks off at move-in on Thursday, Aug. 24.
Note: A one-way traffic pattern will be in effect on move-in day with vehicles entering McDaniel College’s campus from West Main Street at the stadium entrance. Students’ check-in and pick up their dorm room keys from Gill Center.
Move-in traditions include:
- All first-year students “ring in” the academic year at Old Main bell located in Memorial Plaza on Friday, Aug. 25, following the official welcome for the Class of 2027 during Introduction Convocation.
- On Saturday, Aug. 26, new students participate in the Westminster Welcome. The students are led by McDaniel President Julia Jasken on a walk through Ward Memorial Arch to downtown Westminster, where they are officially greeted by representatives from the City of Westminster, including Mayor Mona Becker. They also have the chance to explore local businesses and restaurants.
Sophomores, juniors, and seniors return to campus on Saturday, Aug. 26, and Sunday, Aug. 27.
Classes at McDaniel begin Monday, Aug. 28.
Facts about the Class of 2027
• Nearly 500 first-year and transfer students
• 18 states represented, including Maryland, plus Washington, D.C.
-Other states are Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia
• 13 countries represented:
-Canada, Dominican Republic, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Liberia, Mexico, Nigeria, Peru, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, United States
• Over 40% are first-generation college students
• 200 high schools represented
• 78 incoming students are from Carroll County, Maryland
Follow McDaniel College on Instagram for snapshots from move-in and orientation.