Skip to main
Street decorated with lantern lights showcasing Budapest nightlife.

McDaniel Europe in Budapest

Join our multicultural, liberal-arts campus in the heart of Europe.

Global Dynamics Our world is interconnected and complex. We want you to understand it.

A small country with a rich history, Hungary is strategically situated at a unique crossroads between western and eastern Europe. Since 1994, our liberal-arts college in the capital city gives any student a chance to experience life abroad in a major metropolitan center. Today, over two dozen different countries are represented on campus.

heartCreated with Sketch.


Peer leader support navigating Europe and maximizing your experience.

Government_1_x2C__Politics_1_x2C__Building_2Created with Sketch.


All instruction is in English.

Plus_1Created with Sketch.


Expert international teachers.

Suitcase_2Created with Sketch.


Academic trips to Croatia, Vienna, Prague, and more.

Students exploring Budapest.

Crossroads of Europe, Crossroads of the World

Our Crossroad program is a special program of classes and experiences that is open to all majors. Through the Crossroads program, you'll get a unique look at the socio-political and cultural role of Hungary.

Highlights include:

  • Special topic classes, such as understanding the migration crisis and exploring the Hungarian wine industry
  • Experiential learning opportunities, including internships and community engagement
  • Study tours throughout Europe
  • Guided reflection that helps make connections
  • Students and faculty from around the world
Students in restaurant in Budapest.

Student Life


Live in spacious apartments in Budapest’s bustling, urban downtown. Share your space with friends, or request your own suite. You will discover a remarkable cultural and commercial scene, amazing cuisine, beautiful sights and sounds, and a lively nightlife.

Arrival & departure

Staff provide airport pick up and arrival ground transportation for students who arrive on the designated day, and will also help arrange for departure.


After arrival, you will participate in a week-long orientation and cultural integration program which will acclimate you to your new home. You’ll meet peer mentors who will help you find your way, introduce you to people and places, and tell you how everything works.


Budapest market.

Getting Around

Urban, Historic & Vibrant

Budapest is consistently rated as one of the safest, most student-friendly cities in Europe. Experience music, museum tours, hiking, and much more!


Budapest’s public transportation system is one of Europe’s finest. Additionally, it is affordable and easy to travel from Budapest to other European cities by train, plane, bus, or even boat.

Students in Budapest.

Cost and Financial Aid Making Your Experience Affordable

Studying in Budapest is similar in cost to McDaniel's main campus, and any financial aid or scholarships you have also apply there. 

Housing and local activities like group hiking excursions, museum tours, world-class musical performances, and other cultural events are included in the cost of your program, as well as study tours to nearby cities in Croatia, Austria, and the Czech Republic. 

Recent News for Budapest

  • McDaniel Students Study Abroad for Fall Semester

    During the Fall 2021 semester, eight McDaniel College students are studying abroad at McDaniel’s European campus in Budapest, Hungary.

  • McDaniel College announces Fall 2021 plans

    McDaniel College has announced its plans for Fall 2021, including a return to near-normal operations and face-to-face instruction for undergraduate students. McDaniel is planning for a primarily in-person experience with more than 90 percent of undergraduate classes to be offered as traditional in-person classes and 100 percent of labs. The other 10 percent of classes will mostly be offered in a hybrid format, which includes an in-person component.

  • McDaniel offers new majors in American Sign Language and International Business

    McDaniel recently launched two new majors offering expanded opportunities to students interested in American Sign Language (ASL) and International Business. Earlier in the year, an additional eight majors were added, including Actuarial Science, Applied Mathematics, Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Criminal Justice, Health Sciences, Marketing, and Writing and Publishing.