April 28, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 28, 2017
McDANIEL COLLEGE SELECTS 20 FRESHMEN INTO THE GLOBAL FELLOWS PROGRAM
Global Fellows program is in conjunction with Global Initiatives at McDaniel
WESTMINSTER, Md. – McDaniel College has selected 20 freshmen into the 2020 class of Global Fellows, including:
• Soli Barrera of Westminster, Md.
• Sam Bouton of Pasadena, Md.
• Jazmier Brown of Baltimore (21206)
• Mara Flynn of Greensboro, N.C.
• Veronica Johns of Baltmore (21234)
• Madison Konski of Bel Air, Md.
• Samantha Long of California, Md.
• Sosena Megabiaw of Rockville, Md.
• Grayson Myers of Medford, N.J.
• Connor Norton of Hagerstown, Md.
• Ravi Patel of Rancho Santa Fe, Calif.
• Andrew Pyne of New Market, Md.
• Courtney Rosenstiehl of Turnersville, N.J.
• Ariana Schnieder of Flagstaff, Ariz.
• Jill Shephard of Monkton, Md.
• Onesha Smith of Baltimore (21217)
• Amber Thomas of Baltimore (21206)
• Jamar White of Suitland, Md.
• Elizabeth Wilson of Thurmont, Md.
• Daniela Anastasia Yacabucci Lepaitis of Columbia, Md.
McDaniel's Global Fellows program is a structured three-year program that is open to freshmen and is designed to enhance their understanding of global issues, develop heightened intercultural competency and cultivate the skills and attitudes important to leading successful lives in a global context.
Students will earn a Global Fellow designation on their transcript upon completion of the program.
The Global Fellows program is in conjunction with the college's office of Global Initiatives, which expands McDaniel's commitment to international education through academic programming, globally-themed extracurricular activities, and innovative approaches to travel learning, such as study abroad, as well as global experiential and civic engagement opportunities.
For more information about McDaniel College, visit www.mcdaniel.edu.
# # #
McDaniel College, founded in 1867 and nationally recognized as one of 40 “Colleges That Change Lives,” is a four-year, independent college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 70 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 25 highly regarded graduate programs. Its personalized, interdisciplinary, global curriculum and student-faculty collaboration develop the unique potential in every student. A diverse, student-centered community of 1,600 undergraduates and 1,400 graduate students, McDaniel offers access to the resources of Baltimore and Washington, D.C., and is the only American college with a European campus in Budapest, Hungary. www.mcdaniel.edu