Financial Aid for Transfer Students
- McDaniel College enrolls a diverse student body, with students from all socio-economic backgrounds. For need-based financial-aid consideration, documents should be submitted no later than March 1 for fall semester or January 1 for spring semester. For merit-based scholarships, a separate application is not necessary as all transfer students are reviewed for these scholarships upon admission.
- To apply for financial aid to attend McDaniel College, students must:
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.ed.gov. Be sure to list McDaniel College’s school code of 002109 on your FAFSA. Get more information about FAFSA and how recent changes may impact your application.
- Submit signed copies of both the students’ and parents’ most recent federal tax returns, all schedules, and W-2’s to the McDaniel Financial Aid Office.
- Offers made without copies of tax returns are estimates only and cannot be finalized until the copies are received. Financial-aid offers for prospective students are mailed once the student is accepted and after the Financial Aid Office has received all the financial-aid materials.
What Kinds of Scholarships are Available?
You can afford a McDaniel education!
Over 70% of our admitted undergraduate students receive merit scholarships, helping to make McDaniel an affordable option for most students.
The Impact of Scholarships McDaniel Freshmen and Transfer Students Awarded $100K Educator's Legacy Scholarships Legacy Scholarship in Action
"McDaniel has successfully trained teachers and administrators for over 100 years. The college also has a tradition of producing top educators, including the 2011 National Teacher of the Year Michelle Shearer. We are proud of this legacy and want to celebrate our commitment to educators by rewarding the children of elementary and secondary school employees with this scholarship.”