The Alumni Council
There is no more impactful way to give back to McDaniel College than to participate on the Alumni Council, the leadership body of McDaniel's Alumni Association. The Alumni Association's Officers comprise the Alumni Council, which provides opportunities for enthusiastic alumni to become more engaged with the College and serve its needs. Alumni Council membership is a privilege, and prospective members must be nominated to be considered.
Each year, the Alumni Association honors individuals who personify the College's tradition of excellence. These honors are determined by the Awards Committee. The Awards Committee meets twice a year to review applicants for the Alumni Association Awards. The Awards Committee is responsible for encouraging alumni nominations for Alumni Association awards, reviewing nominations, and selecting alumni to receive Alumni Association awards. Learn more about our Alumni Association award winners!
Chair: M. Lee Primm '89 Board Term: July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2021 Alumni Community Service Award - 2015 (prior to appointment to Awards Committee)
- H. Hugh Dawkins '69, MEd '71 (Alumni College Service Award - 1989, Alumni Community Service Award - 2003, Alumnus of the Year - 2012) (Vice Chair)
- **Barbara Hetrick '67 (Alumni Professional Achievement Award - 2017)
- **Chloe Watson Irla '07 (Alumni Professional Achievement Award - 2011)
- Carrie Miller Parker '85 (Alumni College Service Award - 2011)
GOLD (Graduates of the Last Decade) Committee
The GOLD (Graduates of the Last Decade) Committee exists to support alumni who have graduated within the last 10 years and encourage them to participate in the activities and operations of the College. They also represent our Graduates of the Last Decade at all Alumni Council meetings to ensure the voice of our newest alumni is not lost during important decision-making.
Chair: Erin Giles Benevento '15 Board Term: July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2020 Young Alumni College Service Award - 2017
- Matthew Cahill '10, MS '12
- Zach Crooks '17
- PJ Farinella '14
- Steve Hohne '08
- Elizabeth Mann '16
- **Mark Richman '12
- Jenny Sandler '09
- Whitney Snoops '11
- Emily Gross '16
- Will Giles '18
Green Terror Sports Hall of Fame Committee
The Green Terror Sports Hall of Fame Committee is responsible for encouraging alumni nominations for Hall of Fame induction, reviewing nominations and selecting Inductees. The Green Terror Sports Hall of Fame Committee is responsible for reviewing nominations to the Hall of Fame, electing members into the Hall of Fame and organizing and conducting Hall of Fame ceremonies. Learn more about our Sports Hall of Fame inductees.
Chair: Ron Cristy '72 Board Term: July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2021
- Tom Bowman '64 (Green Terror Sports Hall of Fame Inductee - 2014)
- **Marilyn Naas Keane '94, MS '97 (Green Terror Sports Hall of Fame Inductee - 2008)
- Eric Landgraf '87
- Becky Martin '80, MEd'81 (Athletic Representative) (Green Terror Sports Hall of Fame Inductee - 2004)
- **Josh Marvel '06
- Paul Moyer (Athletic Director)
- Kristin Ramey '05, MS '08 (Athletic Representative)
- Colleen Gohegan Rosberry '84 (Green Terror Sports Hall of Fame Inductee - 2006)
- Lee Schiller '88
- Dave Seibert '78, MS '81
Nomination & Governance Committee
The Nomination & Governance Committee exists to nominate alumni to serve as Members-at-Large of the Alumni Council. The Committee also reviews, discusses and recommends changes to the Constitution, Bylaws and standing rules of procedures for Council committees and the structure of the Alumni Council.
Chair: W. Miles Cole '67
Board Term: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2019 Alumni Community Service Award - 2009
- W. King Smith '63 (Vice Chair)
- Greg Kresslein '96
- Alan Lyons '14
- **Joan Paine Porter '69
- **Cathy Hosley Wattenberg '83
Alumni Chapters Committee
Our Alumni Network is a coalition of the leaders of affinity groups, heretofore known as “Chapters”. These Chapters are defined by a unifying purpose, or geographic region. The mission of the Alumni Network is to gather alumni with similar interests to promote and support McDaniel College. Chapters facilitate networking between alumni, current and prospective students, parents, faculty and staff, and the community at large.
Chair - Lindsay Browning '10
Vice Chair - Kittie DeLuca Pain '00
Green and Gold Chapters Committee
The Green and Gold Committee is a coalition of alumni participants and supporters of athletic teams at Western Maryland/McDaniel College. The Committee will organize alumni athletes in support and promotion of McDaniel’s athletic programs, sponsor or promote events for athletes, such as networking or celebrating current or prior team successes and expand awareness of and support for McDaniel College and its programs.
Chair - Bob Laffey '03
Vice Chair - Kristin Ramey '05, MS '08
Member-at-Large - Tom Lapato '99
Member - Susan Snodgrass Case '65 M.Ed. '84
WMC Heritage Society
The WMC Heritage Society of the Alumni Council is responsible for engaging alumni in the life of the College, supporting Academic Programming through funding and mentorship, endowing funds to support the preservation of campus historic buildings and student scholarships and supporting College events, especially those that celebrate the history and traditions of the College. The WMC Heritage Society motto is "Honor the past and embrace the future."
Chair: Don Rembert '61 Board Term: July 1, 2006 - present Alumni College Service Award - 2016
- Corynne Courpas '76 (Vice Chair) (Alumni College Service Award - 2014)
- Dottie Beck '64
- Debi Lanius Cameron '75 (Alumni College Service Award - 1990)
- Fred Dilkes '61 (Green Terror Sports Hall of Fame Inductee - 1998)
- Ralph Frith '84 (Alumni College Service Award - 2007)
- Robert Gagnon '84 (Alumni Professional Achievement Award - 2010)
- Otto Guenther '63 (Trustee Alumni Award - 1996, Alumni Community Service Award - 2013, Alumni College Service Award - 2016)
- Don Hobart '62 (Alumni College Service Award - 2013, Alumnus of the Year - 2016)
- James Lightner '59 (Alumni College Service Award - 1984, Alumnus of the Year - 1998, Trustee Alumni Award - 2002)
- Sherry Fischer Manning '65 (Green Terror Sports Hall of Fame Inductee - 1992, Alumni Professional Achievement Award - 2004)
- Bev Schott Myers '60
- Jon Myers '61
- Alex Ober '63, MEd '69 (College Service Award - 2018, Green Terror Sports Hall of Fame Inductee - 2010)
- Lynn Keigler Pforr '73
- Judith Ellis Rembert '60
- Carolyn Seaman Scott '67 (Alumni College Service Award - 1987, Alumna of the Year - 1997)
- Sally Stanfield '78 (Green Terror Sports Hall of Fame Inductee - 1998)
- Don Tankersley '57 (Alumni College Service Award - 1983)
- Rhea Ireland Wiles '61
- Tony Wiles '61
- Pat Welk Wolf '60
- Carroll "Splinter" Yingling '68
- Pamela Zappardino '71 (Alumni College Service Award - 2006, Alumna of the Year - 2007)
Alumni Awards Banquet
Our annual celebration of our most dedicated and impactful alumni....
Share the Love!
Honor and celebrate a fellow alumnus by nominating them for an Alumni Award. Your nomination helps us recognize the impact our alumni have around the world.Nominate a Fellow Alumnus/a for an Alumni Award
Nominate a Green Terror Athlete!
The Sports Hall of Fame program recognizes outstanding athletic achievement of former graduates, significant service and contributions of coaches, and positive contributions to society. Know of a classmate or teammate who deserves recognition? Please nominate them today!Nominate now!
Engaging Future Alumni Student Alumni Council Developing Alumni Ties
The Student Alumni Council (SAC) connects and engages current students with College alumni. SAC is a student committee of the Alumni Council comprised of students from all majors, backgrounds, and personalities who love McDaniel and enjoy being part of an organization that truly does a little bit of everything! SAC hosts programs that promote and foster student and alumni interactions, educate about philanthropy, share College traditions, encourage school pride, and establish a relationship with the Hill that will last a lifetime!