The McDaniel Women’s Leadership Circle (MWLC), established in 2005 as the McDaniel Women’s Leadership Network, is dedicated to supporting female students of McDaniel through scholarships, mentoring, and regular contact; linking alumnae, students, faculty, staff and friends through events that celebrate and support otoable achiements and each other; and engaging members in the life of the College today. Gifts of support from Leadership Circle members help to grow the MWLC Endowed Scholarship awarded annually to four young women (one in each class) who have demonstrated leadership potential, but who might not otherwise be able to attend the College.
The MWLC chair or co-chairs, the President’s spouse, and staff of the Office of Institutional Advancement provide overall leadership and direction for the MWLC. An annual report to members provides updates on MWLC scholarship recipients, events held throughout the year, and recognizes those members who have make gifts to the Endowed Scholarship during the fiscal year.
MWLN Ladies Night out to McDaniel
Benefits of Membership
- Helping deserving young women attend McDaniel College.
- Invitations to exclusive programs and events.
- Opportunities to connect with McDaniel community leaders.
- Networking with alumnae, friends, faculty, and students.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth and new skill development.
Become a Member
We seek to expand the MWLC with women who are committed to and willing to support its mission including, but not limited to:
- Supporting the mission of the College and the MWLC financially.
- Mentoring alumnae and/or current students.
- Assisting with the MWLC's programs and activities.
- Serving as a resource to women in the McDaniel community.
To Learn More