McDaniel faculty awards presented
To kick off the 2022-23 academic year, various awards were presented to McDaniel College faculty members during the opening faculty meeting.
To kick off the 2022-23 academic year, various awards were presented by McDaniel College President Julia Jasken to McDaniel faculty members during the opening faculty meeting held Aug. 16.
Faculty Creativity Awards
Faculty Creativity Awards are presented to full- or part-time members of the faculty, active or emeriti, typically in an area of the fine or performing arts, who receive unusual recognition.
- Chloe Irla, Associate Professor of Art
- Linda M. Kirkpatrick, Senior Lecturer in Music
- Robert Lemieux, Associate Professor of Communication
Faculty Book Award
The Faculty Book Award is presented to full- or part-time members of the faculty, active or emeritus, who have within the year had original book-length manuscripts published by nationally recognized publishers.
- Paul B. Miller-Melamed, Associate Professor of History
Faculty Grant Award
The Faculty Grant Award is presented to faculty who have proposed and received $10k or more in grants from external sources in the past year.
- Daria E. Buese, Associate Dean of Graduate and Professional Studies
- Tracey Lucas, Assistant Dean of Education and coordinator of the Master of Science in Teaching
Faculty Scholarly Publications Award
The Scholarly Publication Award is presented to full- or part-time members of the faculty, active or emeriti, who publish five or more articles in recognized publications over a three year period.
- Margaret A. McDevitt, Professor of Psychology