McDaniel faculty earn awards
Members of the McDaniel College faculty were recognized with various awards to kick off the 2021-2022 academic year.
Members of the McDaniel College faculty were recognized with various faculty awards during the opening faculty meeting held Aug. 17 to kick off the 2021-2022 academic year.
Faculty Book Awards
The Faculty Book Award is presented to full- or part-time members of the faculty, active or emeritus, who have within the year had original book-length manuscripts published by nationally recognized publishers.
Faculty Scholarly Publications Awards
The Scholarly Publication Award is presented to full- or part-time members of the faculty, active or emeriti, who publish five or more articles in recognized publications over a three year period.
- Matthew Adamson, director of Academic and Student Affairs at McDaniel Europe
- Dana Ferraris, associate professor of Chemistry and the John Desmond Kopp Professorship in the Sciences
- Gábor Tamás Molnár, adjunct in Literature and Pedagogy at McDaniel Europe
- Paul Muhlhauser, associate professor of English
- Brad Stoddard, associate professor of Religious Studies
Faculty Creativity Awards
Faculty Creativity Awards are presented to full- or part-time members of the faculty, active or emeriti, typically in an area of the fine or performing arts, who receive unusual recognition.
- Chloe Irla, assistant professor of Art
- Csilla Kőszeghy, adjunct in Illustration and Graphic Design at McDaniel Europe
- Steve Pearson, professor of Art and the Joan Develin Coley Chair in Creative Expression and the Arts
- Tamás Szigeti, adjunct in Painting at McDaniel Europe
Faculty Grant Award
The Faculty Grant Awards are presented to faculty who have proposed and received $10k or more in grants from external sources in the past year.
- Jason Scullion, associate professor of Environmental Studies
The five professors named Charles A. Boehlke, Jr., Engaged Faculty Fellows in Spring 2021 for their exceptional commitment to their students were also recognized.