McDaniel faculty recognized for outstanding achievements
To kick off the 2023-24 academic year, various awards were presented to McDaniel College faculty members during the opening faculty meeting.
Various awards were presented to McDaniel College faculty members during the Aug. 22 opening faculty meeting to kick off the 2023-24 academic year.
Faculty Book Award
The Faculty Book Award is presented to full- or part-time members of the faculty, active or emeritus, who have within the year had original book-length manuscripts published by nationally recognized publishers.
- Gretchen Kreahling McKay, professor of Art History, who authored "For the Love of Sports Holistic Approach to Supporting Division III Student Athletes"
- Paul Zajac, associate professor of English, for "Emotion and the Self in English Renaissance Literature: Reforming Contentment"
Faculty Scholarly Publication Award
The Scholarly Publication Award is presented to full- or part-time members of the faculty, active or emeriti, who publish five or more articles in recognized publications over a three year period.
- Farzad Ahmadi, assistant professor of Physics-Engineering, for articles in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Physical Review Letters, among others
Martine Motard-Noar, professor of French, World Languages, Literatures, & Cultures, for articles in Presses de la Sorbonne Nouvelle, Presses Universitaires Blaise-Pascal, among others
Faculty Creativity Award
Faculty Creativity Awards are presented to full- or part-time members of the faculty, active or emeriti, typically in an area of the fine or performing arts, who receive unusual recognition.
- Chloe Irla, Associate professor of Art, for various group and solo exhibitions, including Home and Garden
- Linda M. Kirkpatrick, senior lecturer in Music, for the publication of her original flute choir composition, "Musings on Gaelic Tunes"
- Robert Lemieux, associate professor of Communication for "Breathtaker: The Groundbreaking Graphic Novel from Concept to Comics"
- Read more about the exhibition
Faculty Grant Award
The Faculty Grant Award is presented to faculty who have proposed and received $10k or more in grants from external sources in the past year.
- Allison Kerwin, assistant professor of Biology