To apply for financial aid, complete the following steps:
1. Create a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID
- You must create an FSA ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm. The FSA ID will allow you to electronically sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
2. Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- This form will ask for income information for the 2016 tax year.
- To make sure McDaniel gets the results of your FAFSA, be sure to list our school code: 002109.
3. FAFSA Follow-up
- You will receive an email from the U.S. Department of Education with a link to the Student Aid Report (SAR) that shows the results of the FAFSA. Check the SAR for accuracy and make any necessary corrections.
- Some students might be asked for additional documentation after the FAFSA is submitted. If you are selected you will receive instructions on how to complete the McDaniel verification process.
4. Award Notification
- Once you are accepted to McDaniel Master’s Degree Program and are registered for at least 6 graduate credits for either the fall semester or the spring semester in an eligible location and your financial aid file is complete, we will notify you electronically once your award is posted on Financial Aid Self-Service.
- ** Students seeking summer assistance must complete summer aid form as requested on our summer aid policy. **