About Financial Aid Self Service
Financial Aid Self Service is a secure interactive online financial aid tool which guides you step-by-step through the financial aid process.
This easy-to-use online application provides you with a dashboard-like view of your financial aid file. You can:
- Check to see that we have received your FAFSA.
- View the status of your financial aid file.
- Review any documents that you need to submit to us.
- Accept or decline loans and/or work-study awards.
- Sign your award letter electronically to accept your entire financial aid package.
Accessing Financial Aid Self Service
In order to access Financial Aid Self-Service, you'll need the McDaniel Username and ID that we have created for you. Your McDaniel Username and ID can be found in the Welcome Package you received after you were admitted to a McDaniel College graduate program.
Watch the video tutorial about the Financial Aid Self Service here »
Please follow the steps below to access your Financial Aid information online using Financial Aid Self Service.
- Log on to Financial Aid Self Service
- Enter your McDaniel User Name and Password
- Review your personalized Financial Aid checklist for documents needed and action items.
- If there are documents needed, click on any documents needed to hyperlink directly to print the required form (s) for completion. We cannot issue a final award to you until we have received all of the documents requested on your financial aid checklist.
- Log on to Financial Aid Self Service to view your Financial Aid Information
- Review your financial aid checklist for items needed to complete your financial aid application.
- Accept, reduce, or decline your loan on Financial Aid Self-Service by selecting “Accept/Decline Awards.” This step is only available after you have received a FINAL AWARD LETTER. Grants and scholarships are automatically accepted. You must accept any loan you wish to use.
- Complete a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov by clicking the links on your checklist if you are accepting the loan offered.
- Determine how to pay your out-of-pocket expenses and remaining balance after financial aid is applied. Financial Aid Counselors are available to answer questions about additional funding options.