Graduate Financial Aid Self Service
About Financial Aid Self Service
Financial Aid Self Service is a secure interactive online financial aid tool which guides you step-by-step through the financial aid process.
This easy-to-use online application provides you with a dashboard-like view of your financial aid file. You can:
- Check to see that we have received your FAFSA.
- View the status of your financial aid file.
- Review any documents that you need to submit to us.
- Accept or decline loans and/or work-study awards.
- Sign your award letter electronically to accept your entire financial aid package.
Accessing Financial Aid Self Service
In order to access Financial Aid Self-Service, you'll need to activate your McDaniel Admitted Student Account using the McDaniel Username and ID that we have created for you. Your McDaniel Username and ID can be accessed securely on your personal McDaniel Admissions page. (If you have not yet created your McDaniel Admissions account to access your personal McDaniel Admission Page, start here.).
Once you have activated your McDaniel Admitted Student Account, follow the steps below to access Financial Aid Self Service.
- After activating your account, go to McDaniel College Archway
- Click “Log In” at the top right corner
- Enter the McDaniel User Name and Password that you created.
- Click on the blue Student Menu button in the top right corner
- Click on the Financial Aid Self Service link under the Financial Aid section to open the Financial Aid Self-Service Home Page.
NEXT STEPS FOR ACCEPTED APPLICANTS
To finalize your financial aid, you must complete the following steps.
- Activate your McDaniel account now. You will need to locate your email from the Admissions office with instructions. If you’ve misplaced this email, please contact Admissions at (410) 857-2230.
- Log on to Archway and then view your financial aid information on the Financial Aid Self-Service page.
- Review your financial aid checklist for items needed to complete your financial aid application.
- Accept, reduce, or decline your loans and/or work-study on Financial Aid Self-Service by selecting “Accept/Decline Awards.” This step is only available after you have received a FINAL AWARD LETTER. Grants and scholarships are automatically accepted. You must accept any loans you wish to use.
- Complete a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov by clicking the links on your checklist if you are accepting the loans.
- Determine how to pay your out-of-pocket expenses and remaining balance after financial aid is applied. Financial Aid Counselors are available to answer questions about additional funding options.
- If you are awarded a Perkins loan, you will be contacted by our Perkins Loan servicer this summer with more information about your loan.