Summer Financial Aid Policy for Graduate Students
Student who would like to be considered for Federal Direct Loan funding for Summer 2018 must complete the 2018 Summer Aid Request form. Please review the eligibility below prior to completing application. There are a few things to keep in mind regarding your financial aid during the summer term:
Summer aid requires completion of the 2017-2018 FAFSA
Students must meet the following requirements for financial aid awarding:
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate; or have completed a high school education in a homeschool setting approved by state law
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at McDaniel College in an eligible degree
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non resident
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Must be registered with the Selective Service if you are a male between 18 and 25
- May not be in default on federal student loans
- Must not owe an overpayment of federal loan or grant
- May not be in excess of aggregate loan limits
- Must use federal student aid only for education purposes
- Must be registered at least half-time for federal loans
If students have already borrowed the maximum annual Federal Direct Loan during Summer 2017, Fall 2017 or Spring 2018 semesters, the students will not be eligible for additional Direct Loan funds.
Students must be enrolled only in classes offered as part of the student’s graduate degree program.
Students must be meeting satisfactory academic progress guidelines for Federal Student Aid at the end of Spring 2018
Types of aid available for the summer semester:
Types of Summer Aid Available
Minimum Enrollment Requirement
Where more information can be found:
|TEACH Grant||3 credits|
|Federal Direct Loan||6 credits|
|Graduate PLUS Loan|
|Alternative Loan||3 credits|
After we review your Summer Aid Request form and evaluate your eligibility, you will be notified of the outcome according to our communication policy.
Students who meet priority deadline will be notified prior to the summer billing due date.
Students who miss priority deadline will need to submit the Summer Aid Request form by June 8, 2018.
- If you did not previously borrow a Federal Direct Loan, you must complete loan paperwork (Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling) within 7 days after you have been awarded summer aid.
- Once you have been awarded loan funds, we will send you a notification once the funds have disbursed to your student account. If you have a credit balance on your account the Bursar’s Office will process your refund within 14 business days from the date the funds were applied to your account.
Please feel free to contact our office at 410.857.2233 or via email at email@example.com with questions.