Other Sources of Funding

Graduate Assistantships

A limited number of graduate assistantships are available on an as-needed basis to qualified students. Assistants receive tuition remission in return for their work. Prospective graduate assistants are required to submit a cover letter and resume. A copy of any graduate assistantship contract given to a student should be forwarded to the Financial Aid Office. Students should contact Ann Thomas, assistant to the Graduate Dean, for further details.

Federal Work Study

The Federal Work-Study program provides part-time jobs for graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the recipient's course of study.

Federal Work-Study is available to graduate students with financial need.

To apply for the Federal Work-Study program, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and contact the Financial Aid Office by email to express your interest in Work Study. Work-study is offered to students who demonstrate need. However, the responsibility of applying for work-study jobs rests with the student.

The amount of work-study you are eligible to earn is shown on your financial aid award letter viewable on the MyMcDaniel Portal.

The amount of your work-study award is determined by your need and the availability of funds at the College.

Work-study positions are available in departments and offices throughout McDaniel College as well as at off-campus community service jobs.

Graduate Financial Aid Quick Links:

Financial Aid Application Process

Required Steps

Financial Aid Self Service

Maintaining Aid

Forms and Publications

Managing Your Money

Scholarships and Grants


Other Sources of Funding


Contact Us:

Financial Aid Office
Elderdice Hall
Hours: M-F 8:30-4:30pm
Phone: 410-857-2233
Fax: 410-386-4608
Email: finaid@mcdaniel.edu
School Code: 002109