Before you complete the following application steps, you have the opportunity to find out now how much gift aid may be available to you. Try our McDaniel Net Price Calculator to help with early financial planning for college. This calculator provides a preliminary estimate of federal, state, and institutional aid eligibility to help families gauge what financial aid the student may be awarded and to make arrangements to cover the cost of attendance. This calculator is based on the awarding policies of McDaniel College for the 2017-2018 academic year. Therefore, results will vary based on the year you will enter college. Check it out-- then you’ll see just how possible a McDaniel education can be.
Complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. (For applicants seeking enrollment for fall 2018).
- This form will ask for income information for the 2016 tax year. Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, if possible, to import the financial information from the tax returns into your FAFSA to avoid processing delays. If you are ineligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval tool, enter the updated information from your tax returns manually.
- To make sure McDaniel gets the results of your FAFSA, be sure to list our school code – 002109.
- You will receive an email from the U.S. Department of Education with a link to the Student Aid Report (SAR) that shows the results of the FAFSA. Check the SAR for accuracy and make any necessary corrections.
- Applicants might be selected by either the federal government or McDaniel College for a process called verification. If you are selected you will receive instructions after awarding is complete on how to complete the McDaniel verification process and how to submit verification of 2016 income. Your financial aid award will be finalized once you have completed the verification process.
Using the access instructions provided to you in your Financial Aid Award Package, log on to Financial Aid Self Service. Financial Aid Self Service is an online tool that provides a step-by-step guide through the financial aid process. You can use this tool to check on the status of your financial aid, learn about what information the Financial Aid Office may need from you, access forms, report outside scholarships and other resources, and receive other important information.
Applicants might be selected by either the federal government or McDaniel College for a process called verification. If you are selected you will see what documents must be submitted to the Financial Aid office on your checklist to complete the McDaniel verification process and how to submit verification of 2016 income.
Once you are accepted to McDaniel and we have a valid FAFSA, we will mail you an estimated or final award letter showing the estimated costs and your eligibility for scholarships, grants, loans and work study for the 2018-2019 academic year.
You will also be able to access your award information online using the Financial Aid Self Service tool. Using Financial Aid Self Service you will be able to:
- Review disclosure information about your award offer.
- Recipients of final award letters can accept or reject any loans and work study offered.
- Recipients of estimated award letters can view missing documents needed in order to finalize financial aid award.
Failure to accept aid may result in your financial aid not being disbursed to your student account.
You must complete the Department of Education Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note before you can receive Federal Direct loan funds. You can access direct links to complete these steps online using your checklist on Financial Aid Self Service. More information and instructions on completing these steps can be found here.
Using the Financial Aid Self Service tool, you must sign your Financial Aid Award Letter electronically. Failure to sign award letter may result in your financial aid not being disbursed to your student account.
This option is only available to recipients of final award letters.