Congratulations on selecting McDaniel College as a member of the Class of 2023!
Below you will find details on important next steps in your enrollment process. Please be sure to complete each step by the deadline indicated.
Register for McDaniel Local: As soon as possible (original deadline June 1)
Register HERE for McDaniel Local, one of the college’s signature McDaniel Commitment experiences. Serving as your first introduction to Westminster, Maryland, McDaniel Local is a two-night, three-day event designed to help you get to know your new community and make connections with fellow McDaniel students. McDaniel Local will hone your sense of purpose as you head into college and provide you the opportunity to connect with faculty advisors and register for your fall classes. The costs for McDaniel Local are included in your comprehensive fee.
Need more details about McDaniel Local?
Download the McDaniel Local Welcome Packet HERE.
Complete your Housing and Roommate Matching Survey HERE. The Housing and Roommate Matching Survey is required for ALL students even those who plan on commuting. In addition to confirming your preferences (residential or commuter), you will submit your preferred Meal Plan. Additionally the Housing and Roommate Matching Survey is the first step in identifying your roommate preferences. When filling out the questionnaire, it is important to answer each question as honestly as possible. There will be opportunities to indicate which questions are the most important to you, as well as the opportunity to list other information that would be helpful for matching you with a roommate.
Getting Connected: As soon as possible (original deadline June 7)
You have one set of credentials for accessing McDaniel College online, including Blackboard (our online learning system), the myMcDaniel Student Portal, and your college email. To activate your account, you need your Username and College ID number, which were provided in your Registration and Readiness Workbook (need your Username and College Id number emailed to you? No prob. Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org). Next follow these steps:
- Go to webapps.mcdaniel.edu/accounts/activate
- Submit your credentials and follow the steps to set up your account.
- Once your account has been activated, log in to the myMcDaniel portal
- Check your email from the link in the myMcDaniel portal and explore the resources available.
Visual learner? Click HERE for a video that provides step-by-step instructions for how to set-up your account.
At McDaniel College, we use placement exams to help determine the best level for you to begin your academic coursework. We offer three placement tests and you’ll determine which ones you need to take based on what you plan to study.
- Log into BlackBoard to complete the following Placement Exams:
- ENGLISH: Required for all students unless you scored a 710 or higher on the Evidence-Based Reading & Writing portion of the SAT.
- LANGUAGE: This exam is required for those who have previously studied a language even if you plan to study a different language here at McDaniel.
- MATH: This exam is only required if you intend on taking math, computer science, business or related science classes in the first semester. Others are strongly encouraged to take the placement exam now while skills are fresh in your mind.
One of the signature elements of the McDaniel Plan, your First Year Seminar will challenge and excite you. First Year Seminars are innovative topical and thematic courses that provide an introduction to the liberal arts and an academic transition to college. Although you won’t pick exactly which seminar you are enrolled in, you do get to list your preferences in the First Year Seminar Rating Form. Submit your First Year Seminar Rating Form HERE.
Register for Accommodations with our SASS Office: As soon as possible (original deadline June 7)
FOR STUDENTS WITH DOCUMENTED LEARNING, PSYCHOLOGICAL OR PHYSICAL DIFFERENCES: If you are a student with a documented disability, please complete the Student Academic Support Services (SASS) registration form so SASS can help to support your needs this summer as you get ready to arrive! Learn more about SASS here.
Submit your Student I.D. Photo: As soon as possible (original deadline June 7)
Your McDaniel 1Card is your official identification card as a McDaniel College student. McDaniel 1Cards are issued to all members of our college community, and are required for identification and access to essential campus services. We’re pleased to allow you to select the photo you’d like to use for your McDaniel 1Card.
Here’s how to submit your photo:
Finalize Your Financial Aid: Deadline June 15
One of the biggest causes of incorrect bills is incomplete financial aid processes. To check the status of your financial aid requirements, you can login to your online Self-Service account:
- Visit mcdaniel.edu/self-service
- Enter the McDaniel user name found on the upper right corner of your financial aid award letter. In the password box, enter your McDaniel student ID (it’s listed right below the user name on your financial aid award letter) and then select “sign in”
- Scroll down to view your personalized financial aid checklist. This details any requirements outstanding.
- Where “Action Needed” is reflected, click the associated hyperlink to go directly to the form where you can provide the required information. To make it easy, forms can be downloaded and printed directly from your online checklist.
If you would like to authorize us to share your education records with parents or others, you must complete the Release of Student Information Form. Download it HERE and return the completed form to the Registrar’s Office in person, or scan/photograph and email to
email@example.com from the student’s McDaniel email account.
Submit Your Final Admission Documents: Deadline July 15
In addition to state requirements, there are a variety of other documents that you must submit to the Office of Admissions before we can officially close out your application file.
- Final Official Transcript(s): You are required to submit final official transcripts for any coursework that occurred in the 2018-2019 academic year. If you are a high school student, that includes a final high school transcript that shows proof of high school graduation. Did you take any college courses? An official transcript from each college/university attended (including if you were taking courses as part of a dual enrollment program) must be submitted.
- Official AP/IB Scores: Did you complete AP/IB exams? Regardless of the score you received, you are required to submit official scores to the Office of Admissions.
- Official SAT/ACT Scores: McDaniel College is proudly test-optional, which means you may have been admitted without submitting official SAT/ACT test scores. However, we require all enrolled students who took the SAT or ACT to submit official scores for the purposes of institutional reporting.
ALL DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Office of Admissions
2 College Hill
Westminster, MD 21157
Per Maryland State Law, you are required to submit a Student Health Form and Immunization Record. A copy of the forms were included in your Welcome Home packet. Download another copy of the forms HERE.
Are you a student-athlete?
In addition to the health forms required by the College, McDaniel College Athletics requires all student athletes to fill out additional forms to be eligible to practice or compete in intercollegiate athletics.
Complete the New Student-Athlete Bio Information Form HERE. (Note: this Form will be available shortly.)
Complete the Student-Athlete Medical Form HERE. (Note: this Form will be available shortly.)
Complete Your Alcohol Awareness and Sexual Assault Prevention Program: Deadline August 15
McDaniel has joined together with many top schools in the country in adopting Alcohol Edu for College and Sexual Assault Prevention (Understanding Sexual Assault) as a component of our alcohol and sexual violence prevention initiatives. To this end, we require every new incoming McDaniel student to take Alcohol Edu for College and Sexual Assault Prevention.
- You may access the course beginning August 1st.
- In order to access the course, you will receive an instruction email prior to August 1st explaining how to access the course. This email will be sent to your McDaniel email address.
- You will need to complete Part 1 (approximately 2-3 hours) by August 15.
- Approximately 45 days later, you will receive an automated email asking you to complete the remainder of the course. At this time, you will need to log in again to complete Part 2 (approximately 15 minutes).
- Only once you’ve finished Part 2 have you completed the program.